Rough shooting tyne and wear / north east

Hi folks, i was wondering if anyone would be willing to take me on there perm with 12g, fully insured BASC member, very respectful and responsible/gun safe, also if there is any arable farmers in the region i am a qualified heavy plant amd agricultural fitter so could offer free labour in return for permission. I am highly grateful for any help or advice people have to offer. Thanks guys

Hi, would love to have land to take you out on, but I don't have any. I would suggest you get letter writing/door knocking and emphasise your qualifications and I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest.

Good luck in finding somewhere.

Edited by toontastic

As I said mention your qualifications, it might just help grab the farmers attention. Also if you have a works van that mentions your trade try driving about in that when you go door knocking it may help. I know a sparkie who went door knocking in his works van, farmer noticed what he did for a living asked him to do a couple of small jobs and said the shooting was his.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi luke

personally I wouldn't go knocking on any farms yet , I would wait till the birds are hitting the rape in your area ( then march on the farms)

Just spend 20 minutes driving round first and keep your eyes peeled for rape fields and make note cause sometimes the farmer who has the said field

that's getting hammered might live miles away , and if you ask local farmers they will tell you who owns them .

The main reason behind this is some shooters tend to not shoot in winter and are only fair weather shooters , I have had this myself as there nowhere in winter

and at harvest time you cant get on the fields for em ( where were they in the winter when your freezing your b******'s off ) but still getting pretty good bags

paul