CZ .17hmr

njc110381

I've just been forward planning at the local gun shop by having a look at their stock of nice rifles. I was talking to the gunsmith about proof laws regarding fitting silencers to a rifle and he mentioned that he didn't think it was worth fitting one to a high velocity rifle because it makes so little difference. I thought it would be worth having one to reduce the noise of firing, although it obviously doesn't help much with the sonic crack. Should I fit one? It's only £30 or so after all!

I have a SAK and it makes a huge difference.

Was shooting at the back of a friends house with it his mother told us there was a funeral a few houses up ( this is 5 houses in the middle of the country) so shooting away with the SAK on no problem i just bought the rifle and wanted to see what it sounded like without the mod took it off a fired a shot and there is a massive difference in noise his mother was right out the door to see what happened and we just looked at each other "wow that was loud". Anyway point is she wasnt able to hear it when she was inside theres still the supersonic crack which isnt quite by any means but isnt as evident at all. The SAK will take away 100% of the "bang" on my gun.

I have chatted to someone about the SAK and the Parkerhale on a 17.hmr.

He started off with the SAK on his CZ and out at 100 yards he was getting some strange groups, checked everything and tried again, but same results. He had his .22rimmy with him and just out of interest took off the PH and put it on his .17. The result was instant and his grouping was spot on, and he thinks it is down to the harmonics on the barrel.

As for not worth putting a mod on a .17-fullbore, :good: well worth it. I hate going out with my mate and his un-moderated .308 B) :P

I've just been forward planning at the local gun shop by having a look at their stock of nice rifles. I was talking to the gunsmith about proof laws regarding fitting silencers to a rifle and he mentioned that he didn't think it was worth fitting one to a high velocity rifle because it makes so little difference. I thought it would be worth having one to reduce the noise of firing, although it obviously doesn't help much with the sonic crack. Should I fit one? It's only £30 or so after all!

yes fit one as its still a fair crack with the mod fitted :good:

worth every pennie imo

kirky

I have the ever popular CZ American 452 .17hmr. I've had several moderators on it. I even went to the expense of a T8. I found this to be much too heavy and spoil the balance of the rifle, also it was no quieter than any other one I'd tried. I've ended up with a PH on it. Just as good as any other (to me) for this rifle.

Just thought that I would also mention, that I have never experienced any problems with grouping with any of them. I would not consider using it without a moderator, much too loud.

Happy hunting