SGC Renewal interview yesterday

HAYBURN

Astounding!

I posted off my renewal on Saturday, Special Delivery for a Monday receipt. Checked on-line and, yes, they received it Monday lunchtime.

Today, Wednesday lunchtime, Certificate received which actually doesn't come in to force until March. And this with the Christmas mail.

And, as a bonus, I note that they now accept transfer notifications by e-mail.

Well done, Hampshire Constabulary! :good:

You all got me worried then. I applied for my shotgun renewal 3 weeks ago and I never sent my old one with the application, but I just looked at the form and it does not ask for it. I have had a letter back saying they have received my application and if everything checks out ok I should get it back before my old one expires in February. It does say if I have not received it seven days before the old one expires to get in touch with them. It would be twelve weeks by then so I am hoping its all sorted by then.

west merica had my old ones back, in fact i was left 11 months with no sgc or fac, they didnt even issue a temp cert, all i was told, is to stock up on ammo as you might be in for a long wait, and they werent joking.

The latest guidance from the HO tells the police that a temporary permit should be issued as a matter of course as long as the applicant has been reasonable about things.

J.

Well after reading all the trouble some people have I'm glad I'm in Cleveland for my FAC & SGC

Mine was renewed a few weeks ago, It started with a letter from fire arms dept to say mine were due for renewal and there was a letter in from my FEO with a date he had pencilled in for our appointment if it was inconvenient to give him a ring..

He turned up at interview looked at my tickets checked my safe and all the serial numbers on my guns then notice they was one more mod on his paperwork than on mine.. He checked every thing was OK they had just forgot to log it when i got my 10/22 semi auto a few weeks earlier..

Finished his coffee and said you will get your ticket in a few weeks closer to the renewal date and when it comes to check that everything was OK serial numbers ect and if they were OK to just put my old ticket through my shredder he didn't want it...

Well after reading all the trouble some people have I'm glad I'm in Cleveland for my FAC & SGC

Mine was renewed a few weeks ago, It started with a letter from fire arms dept to say mine were due for renewal and there was a letter in from my FEO with a date he had pencilled in for our appointment if it was inconvenient to give him a ring..

He turned up at interview looked at my tickets checked my safe and all the serial numbers on my guns then notice they was one more mod on his paperwork than on mine.. He checked every thing was OK they had just forgot to log it when i got my 10/22 semi auto a few weeks earlier..

Finished his coffee and said you will get your ticket in a few weeks closer to the renewal date and when it comes to check that everything was OK serial numbers ect and if they were OK to just put my old ticket through my shredder he didn't want it...

Simples :good: