Whats the difference and your opinion please

hesky

No don't know it all but this is a forum where the idea is you discuss things. If you really want to know what a cartridge is like buy a box and try it.

Ok smart****.

Toys back in pram, if you try and give it learn to take it.

It's people like you who always have to have a go and spoil peoples threads. It was you who started the stone throwing with your smart remarks, dont make it out as if it was me who started it. If you want an argument that's ok but lets do it in pm. I asked a simple question and expected a simple answer not a lecture on a subject I never asked about or to be told to go and buy a box.

:good:

Listen mate, nothing personal intended OK. Just making a comment about using plastic wads outside the Clay shooting ground it's not a personal slur, you quite often find that threads change from the original as they go on. A bit of banter is pretty common on here the aim is to not let it get personal, there's no need and at the end of the day we all love the same sport. If we all had the same opinions life would be pretty boring.

I use plastic - it's a bigger picture thing.

The farmer ain't bothered and doesn't keep live stock. People dump dozens of car tyres, cars, fridges, freezers, asbestos, household rubbish, industrial rubbish etc on the land and that has to be cleared up. Now, I am not saying that because some sod dumps waste that is far worse than a plastic wad that I should be able to dump minor items upto the value of say a small fridge or one car tyre I am saying that there is a bigger picture..... I have as yet not gone shooting with a Yaris driving, Peruvian hat wearing, lentil eating, carbon neutral, fully paid up card carrying member of Greenpeace, and no I haven't seen anyone matching that description at my local clay grounds either.

So, I hope all you fibre wadders recycle everything and all cycle to work (on non rubber tyres that is). :good:

Our clay field has cattle in and we are fibre only. The farmer specifies fibre only and none of his cattle or sheep seem to have suffered from us shooting fibre wads over the land every week.

Although I have no experience of the specific cartridges mentioned, I shoot fibre wadded Gamebores for clays and fibre wadded Express's for quarry through my 20 bore and have got on well with them however I have just changed to Hull Sterling game 28g of 6's and 5's through my 20 bore for quarry. :yp:

Mungler, I walk to school, recycle glass, paper, tins, cardboard and plastic. ???

FM ???

Our clay field has cattle in and we are fibre only. The farmer specifies fibre only and none of his cattle or sheep seem to have suffered from us shooting fibre wads over the land every week.

Although I have no experience of the specific cartridges mentioned, I shoot fibre wadded Gamebores for clays and fibre wadded Express's for quarry through my 20 bore and have got on well with them however I have just changed to Hull Sterling game 28g of 6's and 5's through my 20 bore for quarry. :yp:

Mungler, I walk to school, recycle glass, paper, tins, cardboard and plastic. ???

FM ???

Yeah well I bet they heat your school by burning the rarest rainforest trees and that your mum and dad's cars run on endangered Chimpanzees.

whos cares shoot and enjoy :yp: ??????

the countrys nackered anyway

to men can get married :D and adopt a kid = poor little nipper

the golly *** was taken of the marmalade jar =wots that about?

they say you cant shoot a fox in it dont say fox on your ticket

you cant legaly chase a fox with a dog or two :P

just a few crazy thing that are in our country and you ******* are worried about

bloody lead and plastic or fibre wads

get a life wise up kick a ball about for an hour its great fun :lol:

kirky

Although I have no experience of the specific cartridges mentioned, I shoot fibre wadded Gamebores for clays and fibre wadded Express's for quarry through my 20 bore and have got on well with them however I have just changed to Hull Sterling game 28g of 6's and 5's through my 20 bore for quarry. :lol:

Mungler, I walk to school, recycle glass, paper, tins, cardboard and plastic. :)

FM :/

Yeah well I bet they heat your school by burning the rarest rainforest trees and that your mum and dad's cars run on endangered Chimpanzees.

:P:D:) Last time I checked it was either oil or gas in the case of the science labs where little pyromaniacs like myself are let loose with bunsen burners and butter to feed the flames! :D

I think the cars run on diesel. ??? Might be worth checking though as they have been making some strange noises lately. :yp: ???

The problem with fibre wads is they can swell inside an animal. I've been on and around farms and livestock all my life and talked to many many farmers about the fibre vs plastic wad argument. Most but not all prefer fibre.

However I've never met a farmer that has actually lost an animal from swallowing either plastic or felt wads.

The thing that used to cause deaths were the old style can ring pulls, the type that actually come off of the can.

These have apparently accounted for many animal deaths as they could rupture the stomach/reticulum.

Leeboy

The problem with fibre wads is they can swell inside an animal. I've been on and around farms and livestock all my life and talked to many many farmers about the fibre vs plastic wad argument. Most but not all prefer fibre.

However I've never met a farmer that has actually lost an animal from swallowing either plastic or felt wads.

The thing that used to cause deaths were the old style can ring pulls, the type that actually come off of the can.

These have apparently accounted for many animal deaths as they could rupture the stomach/reticulum.

Leeboy

cattle have 4 stomachs mate not just one !!!

kirky

Leeboy

kirky

Yes you are right, as in most ruminants (but not all). The reticulum is the second stomach and this generally catches any **** swallowed that shouldn't go right through the system. The reticulum is the stomach that gets damaged by foriegn objects most often.

Kirky the fact that cattle have 4 stomachs is something I'm aware of as a farm manager and stockman ! :angry:

Leeboy

Leeboy

Leeboy

kirky

Yes you are right, as in most ruminants (but not all). The reticulum is the second stomach and this generally catches any **** swallowed that shouldn't go right through the system. The reticulum is the stomach that gets damaged by foriegn objects most often.

Kirky the fact that cattle have 4 stomachs is something I'm aware of as a farm manager and stockman ! :lol:

Leeboy

Leeboy

17 years on the farm learnt me a thing or two as well its a good life but poorly payed so i left :good:

do miss it sometimes :lol:

kirky

ps also did a few year at agri colleage yes your rite couldnt spell then niether :angry::good:

happy days nibby one day i will go back on the fRM WHO KNOWS MATE ??