decent wellies

eddoakley

Muck boots are great and do keep your feet warm but I do find they are heavy esp when in heavy muddy conditions. I am also looking for some new footwear but will be looking for boots which I will wear half chaps or Gaiters with as I find this set-up lighter and a lot more comfortable.

Have gone through 2 pairs of le camels in 22 yrs used most days in all weathers. Cannot fault them. was gifted a pair of Aigles parcours (Voucher)and apart from needing a ten instead of a nine they are equally as good as le camels. Keep them scrubbed n use rubber treatment n they will out live most.Use a boot jack at all times. Good luck with your choice. In my opinion buy cheap buy twice.

Yes I have , the first lasted a week before they had a hole in the sole , the second pair lasted about 6 months before they fell to bits and on both pairs the insoles fell to bits after wearing them twice

I now use Muckboots muckmasters and they are great , very warm and comfortable , if you need a zip due to large calfs the muckboots do stretch a fair bit as they are a neoprene upper so may be worth a look.

Totally agree with fenboy,jack pyke wellies are rubbish,leaked second time worn,insoles fell to bits ,waste of money,Brought a pair of hunter neoprene,,far better boot,for not much more money!!