L 200 timing belt

dhumble5

Your advice opinions please.

I bought a 03 mitsubishi L200 diesel it has done 114000 .no history with it just wanting to know the cost of renewing timing belt mainly what labour cost would be. I have looked on the net for belt prices.

Belt and tensioners from £70.

Belts tensioners and water pump £125.

Will any kit do for 03 model or will I need a part number.

Should I be changing water pump as we'll ?

I won't be doing the work.will have to get some one who knows what they are doing.

Even better if any knows any one close to me who would be willing to do the work.

I am based in sunderland Tyne & wear.

Thanks

Hi, you won't need to do the water pump at the same time as its not driven by the cambelt.

wouldn't bother getting the bits your self for the little you would save isn't worth the risk if some thing goes wrong the garage that does the work will just say it was the parts you supplied that caused it!

I would say that about £350 should cover the job, its not hard to do but make sure they change all the idlers and both the timing and balancer belts. It may be worth getting the front pulley and bolt done at the same time as they can be a problem.
If you pop over to the http://www.l200forum.com/ , loads of info and a great bunch!

No no no not a Milner Kit!

I rebuild these engines regularly and the kits are most definitely not O.E quality.

They are attractively priced but I've used one previously and it failed prematurely.

O.E is gates, so that's what i'd go with, or Dayco is top quality too.

As a precaution I would ALWAYS replace the crank pulley and bolt.

Nice easy job, but do it right first time with decent quality kit and it will last.

HTH.

Liam.

No no no not a Milner Kit!

I rebuild these engines regularly and the kits are most definitely not O.E quality.

They are attractively priced but I've used one previously and it failed prematurely.

O.E is gates, so that's what i'd go with, or Dayco is top quality too.

As a precaution I would ALWAYS replace the crank pulley and bolt.

Nice easy job, but do it right first time with decent quality kit and it will last.

HTH.

Liam.

agreed milner is **** quality all my buddies on the hi-lux forum have had issues with a lot of there stuff ! wearing parts mainly its cheap for a reason!