can i put crow and pigeon decoys together

paddymax123

hi guys, looking to be out shooting on Friday afternoon over a cattle farm with mainly crows on it but also with some pigeons. my question is can I put out both mixed corvid and also pigeon decoys together and is there any particular ratio to use between then and any decoy pattern, should the different birds be separate or lust all mixed in?

Don't see the problem mixing them,as said above a couple of crow deek's skirting the main pattern :good:

I must admit I prefer crow deeks only or pigeon deeks only :yes: but that's just me,BB

But to be honest when ive been shooting pigeons and a crow floats in and gets himself shot :yes: or vice sa versa pigeon into a crow pattern, it seems to make no difference to how the birds decoy,so I don't really see a problem mixing Deeks if that's what ya wanna do :good:

I've had this many times before .A good idea is to go and watch the birds a day or so be for you shoot the field. You will see that they will eat right next to each other. That will tell you that a mixed pattern will work .But this is not the best for shooting them .This Saturday it was the same thing so I set my pattern out to shoot pigeons. Then I set a pattern no particular way but close to the hide for crows. The pigeons came as normal into a nice horse shoe . The crows much more difficult came to the other pattern. A nice days shooting with sixty six mixed at the end of the day. post-68193-0-44511200-1389128000_thumb.jpg