lightweight shotguns owners opinions please.

CEREALTHRILLER

I have used my Beretta UL as my primary shotgun for about 6 years, and I am pleased. I was fortunate enough to find a stock that fit me, and from a recoil point of view this is extra important for this relatively light gun. I mostly shoot 32 g game loads and 24 g trap. Since the stock fits me, i feel no recoil what so ever, the difference is substantial in favour to the beretta when compared to my browning sporting weighing in at almost a kilo heavier.

The gun comes with, if my memory serves, 66 and 71 cm barrel, I have the later. The longer barrels make the gun slightly front heavy, which I like, I have heard that the gun is slightly whimsy with the shorter barrels.

Pros: Light to carry, "quick" to shoot.

Cons: The name is ill suited, this gun is not Ultra light, just not as heavy as many game-guns.

Of course! If it's all about the carrying of the heavy gun all day! You can fit a sling to aid that?

I tried a friends light weight O/U but found it too easy to swing and the 32g loads rattled a bit! Nothing major but a definative increase compared to my Laurona. It was lighter than mine by about a pound, but after carrying it around for a few hours, you still know your carrying it :/

Even multi-choking the ultralight make the gun unbalanced . My friend has a fixed choke one witch he loves , however his father brought a multi choke one and you would be amazed how different the 2 guns felt .

In the end my friends father has ended up putting lead in the stock to balance it , witch has made him shoot it a lot better but it isn`t a true ultralight any more

I've got a Browning Hunter Light, can't fault it.

Nice and easy to carry- can really tell the difference when I get passed a gun to hold or vice versa. I don't feel any recoil at all and have never noticed any difference in it been "unbalanced or too easy to swing"

Like mentioned above as long as it fits you......