Retail discount scheme for BASC members launched - recoup your members

Simon Clarke

Can I ask that your web team look at the coding of the search and try a search for "Cardiff" in my opinion County Tyrone is not "near" Cardiff I wouldn't class anything over 100 miles as "near" and the only discount listed is a company in Bala offering a discount on dog beds.....

Leave it with me, I think I know what's gone wrong! I will get this fixed on Monday, and thank you for pointing it out

For some reason the google search link is broken on some of these links - hence its not working. On others I have checked it seems to be working fine?

David

Edited by David BASC

On my phone iOS in safari if I just type "Cardiff" in the near box and search the second listing is county Tyrone it looks like it has just listed by alphabet all the members, making the "near" bit pointless ie just gives me a list no geographic relevance even tho list is by "closest" it shows a map centred on Cardiff but the list starts in Shropshire and I know the closest to the map is bales in Cardiff not the members listed in Shropshire or county Tyrone.....

Edited by HDAV

savingcardsscrollershome1-300x191.jpg

BASC boosts member benefits with big store discounts.

A new discount card scheme for BASC members offering up to 15 per cent savings at more than 70 major retailers has been added to the British Association for Shooting and Conservation’s (BASC’s) range of exclusive membership offers and benefits.

The discount cards can be used both in shops and online and could save BASC members hundreds of pounds a year, repaying the cost of BASC membership many times over. It will deliver savings on groceries, goods and entertainment at a range of leading stores including Sainsbury's, Asda, M & S, Morrisons, Debenhams, Currys/PC World, WH Smiths, Boots, Costa and many more.

Members select a discount card from the retailer of their choice on the BASC website and decide how much they wish to put on a prepaid card. For example, using a Debenhams card with a 7% discount means it will cost £93 to obtain a spendable balance of £100. The cards can be topped up easily and securely online or by phone.

BASC’s Nick Glazebrook said: “BASC is constantly negotiating benefits and discounts for our members on a wide range of products and services. The discount card scheme will allow BASC members and their families to enjoy savings on everyday purchases. The discount cards add to our member benefits which also include significant savings on new four-wheel-drive vehicles from six leading manufacturers.”

To take advantage of the discount scheme, BASC members can log in to the members’ area of the BASC website www.basc.org.uk and follow the instructions to sign up for the discounts and cards of their choice.

Not for me thanks