Thank You

wymberley

I've mentioned this in previous posts along with others and find them just better all round.

What gun is it?

Maxus. Given a choice I'd have gone for a fixed choke. The recess is not excessive; just enough to peen the choke in place following a knock. Once the gun is bedded in and I find out what cartridge length it will and will not shoot I'll get the appropriate choke for my needs.

Yep, should have said, 'peen' which I meant to. It wouldn't take too much of a knock to bend the very end of the muzzle. Not serious but It seems daft to risk it when there's something available to prevent it and improve the gun.

You did say peen. I wasn't being picky. :good:

What about fixed choke guns then? They don't have the prtection of an extended choke and they get the ends mashed very often.

You did say peen. I wasn't being picky. :good:

What about fixed choke guns then? They don't have the prtection of an extended choke and they get the ends mashed very often.

'Peened' - not literally but the same sort of ish effect. :good: Yep, agree but the wall thickness at my muzzle is about half of that on a fixed choke so a minor knock could cause a problem which is avoided by the expenditure of a few quid with the probable bonus of an improved performance thrown in. A case of paying your money and taking your choice.

'Peened' - not literally but the same sort of ish effect. :good: Yep, agree but the wall thickness at my muzzle is about half of that on a fixed choke so a minor knock could cause a problem which is avoided by the expenditure of a few quid with the probable bonus of an improved performance thrown in. A case of paying your money and taking your choice.

I see your point.

If you don't want the expense of changing to a whole new set of chokes why not dress the muzzles back to suit the length of the chokes you already have?

Not sure what sort of battering you guys give your guns but it should be pretty unlikely that they would be easily damaged if the chokes were flush with the muzzle end?

If you don't want the expense of changing to a whole new set of chokes why not dress the muzzles back to suit the length of the chokes you already have?

Not sure what sort of battering you guys give your guns but it should be pretty unlikely that they would be easily damaged if the chokes were flush with the muzzle end?

See Post #3 - just the one, 1/2. Why alter and devalue the gun? Change the choke? Then change the cartridge.