Should I buy a Freelander?

Colc08

Well I have been keeping my eye out for a small 4X4 van/commercial and have been looking for Terrano vans (rocking horse **** so it seems), Shoguns (engine bit big for what I need) and more recently decided a Freelander TD4 would more suit my needs.

Is there anything I should be cautious about before buying a Diesel Freelander?

Also Freelander owner, would you reccomend?

Cheers

Col

No!! Id never recommend one to my worst enemy! We had a Y reg 2001 for 2 weeks. It was the worst 2 weeks motoring of my life!! It fell apart in the fortnight we had it, clutch master cylinder went, back window fell out, starter motor died, engine died on the mrs in the middle of the A1, I took it back to land rover and got my trade in back! It was 6 years old with 28,000 on the clock and one owner from new!!

Edit:spelling

Edited by FatherandSon

I've just found a Nissan Terrano commeecial in green with 120k on the clock for £4k looks imaculate too. I've heard if you get a tidy one they are fairly bullet proof snd it fits my criteria.

I read good things about them on forums with no other issues than you'd expect from any other 4x4.

Any views on these?