day out decoying

Cookie69

Had a day out decoying today with a friend.

started off quite promising with a couple of birds decoying, it's only the second time I have been.

it's quite exciting when you see them tuck them wings in and head down toward the magnet.

only had 1/2 doz between us but really enjoyable and got plenty of tips to take with me to my new perm

th_pigeon_zps192794a5.jpg

Paul

Well done its s good start ;)

Every little helps! :lol:

What crop did you shoot on?

thanks guys

was on a couple of rape fields in the morning there was a fair breeze blowing .

toward lunch time up until we left 3ish when we came off it had gone flat calm, what bird did pass passed at height.

and they were few and far between

but hey, I really enjoyed sitting behind the hide watching the world go by.

there's a saying,, a bad days fishing is better than a good days work, I think I could say the same for this pass time :good:

there's a saying,, a bad days fishing is better than a good days work, I think I could say the same for this pass time :good:

To true mate I have had a long day at work and had to go on two call outs aswell just got back in at 11.00pm

Wish I had gone shooting instead

Well done for the bag mate in tough conditions

All the best mike

Well done , the first of many I hope. Just remember what works and use it again. When I was working for a living I had quiet a stressful job and looking forward to two days shooting was a calming influence . Once again just go out and enjoy it , you said that the birds were passing high , in this situation try to make your pattern more visible ie add some "angels", ( wing spread as if landing) to your pattern . I presume you were using plastic decoys, replace with real birds when you can. Good luck.

nice one cookie,,its just good to be out sometimes mate,,

took a mate last week and he sat there all day and should of had probably 30 birds but he blanked, he only fired 4 shots because most of the birds he didn,t even see lol

but as he said,,,its great just to be out watching the wildlife,,a pigeon is a bonus, think he needs to go to specsavers ha ha

atb Evo