Any telephone engineers ?

30-6

When i use my landline phone ( with BT ), when i phone out sometimes the person i have phoned says the line is crackly, but i only hear my end an intermittent double crack type of noise. If someone phones me it always seems ok both ends.

I done an automated line test, and it said the line was ok. Could it be one of the in-line filters that you have to plug into box for the broadband playing up ? Or any ideas ?

Is your Broadband dropping out too or do you have BTInfinity fibre optic?

Reason I ask is my folks are having this issue and the Engineer is visiting on Thurs at a cost of £129 if it's my folk's fault!

Have tried new ADSL filters, taken the face plate off the master socket to plug in direct and checked the cable connection into the house.

Hoping it's at the BT box at the end of the drive.

Do you have any exts of this line?

If yes, disconnect them from the master socket and see if it still happens, if it does, it's a BT issue, if it goes, then prosess of elimination, add one see if it's still clear and so on.

Also worth checking with another phone to make sure it's not the handset! (Handset cords can give this fault) you didn't mention handset type!

Same for Jaymo as well, at least you can be sure the fault lays with BT

I had this happen twice , first time BT engineer found a fault on the telegraph pole connection , more recently it started again and was showing no line fault when I

did a check , rang BT and they threatened the £129 charge so I did a search and bought new connection box and cable (came to about a tenner) changed them over

simple job took about 20 minutes , fault cured been fine now for two months .

I have two corded and two "walkabout" on the same line, the broadband is fine. It seems to to happen intermittently and on all the phones.

I was warned of the £129 charge if past the primary socket.

I had the cable from pole to house changed several years ago, so i,m sort of assuming this should be ok.