falcon fn19

rabbitmad

hello guys, i am looking for someone in the north east who is good with air rifles, my son has a falcon fn19 and my mate filled it up with a pump yesterday and i went to check the scopes are still spot on for rabbits last night and the gun sounds really loud now, it has a weirauch silencer on it so i put my webley silencer on of my raider to make sure it wasn,t that but it still sounds the same, so i think it needs some attention and it could do with a service as well as new seals throughout, so if anyone knows a man who could do the job or even a good shop in the area i would be very appreciative of the info, thanks, rabbitmad.

Probe and transfer port seals are not too hard to change! I think it is most likely to be transfer port seals though!

Does the gun hold air? If it is holding air and fills fine I would just change the port seals if thats whats gone.

When you pull the trigger, is there a rush of air from under the breech area?

get yourself a oring kit from eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Falcon-Air-Rifle-Pistol-Extended-Seal-Kit-FN6-FN8-FN12-FN19-Titan-Raptor-Hawk-/370993575240?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item5660f0b548

best £20 you can spend

The FN19 is a POP to strip and once you o-ring it up it is a different beast

get a decent set of allen keys

keep pulling the trigger until no more air comes out and get busy with the o-rings (the only bit you can possibly screw up is the ball bearing above the trigger assembly, just don't lose it!)

if you need a hand PM me and I can walk you through it

As said, a good set of allen keys! A phillips screwdriver and patience.

The two things I will warn you about!

Air! Dump it all if your doing a full reseal.

And the trigger block! It MAY have a crack in it? Be prepared to buy a new one! Also, if your lucky to NOT have a cracked one! You need to follow a procedure to NOT break it when refitting!

The block is made from Alloy and the design.is flawed in ny opinion. It is left with hollowed out weak alloy.

I am surprised nobody makes an upgraded version out of stainless or titanium etc?

Did you find out if it was just the transfer port seals ?