Winnings

deershooter

Good question, I have always pondered this but I think the only realistic way the taxman can insist on a portion is if you're registered as a professional shooter since that is what other sports people have to do. Otherwise there would be no way of recouping back costs attributable to your shooting.

If I ever won $140k the taxman would be welcome to pay me back the other $100k it has cost me to get there in the first place !

Probably easy to register as a professional with the tax man in order to maximise your allowances ,travel including a vehicle, ,acommodation,guns and related equipment.Along with any other expenses incurred .

Edited by Jega

Probably easy to register as a professional with the tax man in order to maximise your allowances ,travel including a vehicle, ,acommodation,guns and related equipment.Along with any other expenses incurred .

Tell them about the shells and entry costs, you'd be making a fair bit without even winning.