Night Vision options?

saunders.shoots

I've no doubt at your price range I'd get the Starlight Archer!

As a Gen 3 unit the Archer is top quality and a top of the range NV unit!!

Take into consideration the unit is made in Manchester so any problems the company is here in the UK.

I swear by this Archer cos it has totally transformed my shooting to the point I wouldn't be without it now!!

My Farmer friend said that he had the best Lambing last year due to what he believes me having this fantastic NV and clearing up Lamp Shy Foxes!

You won't regret buying an Archer.

ATB

The fact they are made here is a bonus! which tube have you got with your archer?

what range you getting for foxes as well?

I've got the D Grade Archer and I'm using it with my non parallax adjustable scope.They say to use NV add-ons with Parallax adjustable scopes cos they give better clarity and I suppose this is the case but using my Archer with my scope is good enough and clear enough.

The longest Fox I've shot is 183 yards which is a good distance with NV.

I can clearly spot Foxes over 200 yards with my Archer no problem.

I can honestly say if you buy one your going to run out of Foxes!!lol.

£1669 with Quantum Firefly IR.

i looked on their web site and see £100 for the male connector is that extra or do you get one with the 1669 price tag

only asking as i have a arrow on order with them but getting fed up of waiting and being fobbed off and may just phone them up and ask to pay the extra and change it to the archer

colin

i have an archer,,,,,,,and i wouldnt recomend it. dont get me wrong piccie qualty its good and does its job, but head position isnt brilliat and if you want to put it on 2 guns in one night u need to buy extra bayonets,

also i bought bare unit with out there ir as again there better products out there......t20 n100ap etc

With that budget IMO ID Go with the pulsar DFA 750. £1300 so its well within budget and it mounts onto the objective lense of your scope and has a changable rings so you can swap from rifle to rifle with no need to re zero because your scope would already be set

i have an archer,,,,,,,and i wouldnt recomend it. dont get me wrong piccie qualty its good and does its job, but head position isnt brilliat and if you want to put it on 2 guns in one night u need to buy extra bayonets,

also i bought bare unit with out there ir as again there better products out there......t20 n100ap etc

Wouldn't??Ughhhh?

I have the archer D grade, great kit and love it. If I swap rifles I just swap the male connector, 1 minute with Allan key and away you go. Position might take a little getting used to buy I'm only 5ft6 so not long arms but can comfortably shoot with the archer on

I have an A grade now but for 6 years i used a D grade.Superb bit of kit and just found out..very robust.Lent it to the farmer 2 nights ago and he dropped it from 3 rungs up a high seat from his pocket(he's 6'4") onto the tree roots and thought he had broken it. :/ Imagine my relief when i went last night to find it's in full working order :yahoo:

To answer an earlier Q' you will get the bayonet fitting with your Archer,only have to buy any more you may require.Easier to get another bush if the scope is different on other rifle and as stated,simply swap the Bayonet over,take you about 2 minutes if that.

Side parallax scopes are without a doubt better.I can get a clear picture from 30yds to over 300yds by a simple turn and i can take the magnification upto x14 on my present Leupold scope...Had it upto x20 on previous Leupy with a crystal clear picture.

Once you get used to identifying quarry at night with it as a hand held,you will easily recognise a Fox out to 300yds with a D grade.

As said there are good IR units out there,but personally,i wouldn't swap the Quantum Firefly for any of them,superb IR that has never let me down in 7yrs of using them.Controllable beam which gets brighter the tighter you make it.Personally don't like to flood the area with IR. Less is best for me and the eyes light up like diamonds so id is instantaneous.

Downside is having to pester them and be patient waiting for it to arrive...seems to be the norm with them :rolleyes:

I have an A grade now but for 6 years i used a D grade.Superb bit of kit and just found out..very robust.Lent it to the farmer 2 nights ago and he dropped it from 3 rungs up a high seat from his pocket(he's 6'4") onto the tree roots and thought he had broken it. :/ Imagine my relief when i went last night to find it's in full working order :yahoo:

To answer an earlier Q' you will get the bayonet fitting with your Archer,only have to buy any more you may require.Easier to get another bush if the scope is different on other rifle and as stated,simply swap the Bayonet over,take you about 2 minutes if that.

Side parallax scopes are without a doubt better.I can get a clear picture from 30yds to over 300yds by a simple turn and i can take the magnification upto x14 on my present Leupold scope...Had it upto x20 on previous Leupy with a crystal clear picture.

Once you get used to identifying quarry at night with it as a hand held,you will easily recognise a Fox out to 300yds with a D grade.

As said there are good IR units out there,but personally,i wouldn't swap the Quantum Firefly for any of them,superb IR that has never let me down in 7yrs of using them.Controllable beam which gets brighter the tighter you make it.Personally don't like to flood the area with IR. Less is best for me and the eyes light up like diamonds so id is instantaneous.

Downside is having to pester them and be patient waiting for it to arrive...seems to be the norm with them :rolleyes:

Very good advice there from a man who told me to buy one in the first place and thanks to you Jeff what an outstanding unit I got now!!

Maybe its been answered in the past, but a question I raised about the firefly spooking fox's, have you had, or noticed any spook ? I had 2 bolt as soon as I lit them up.

I lost mine :-(( gone forever in feet of poo I mounted it on a gen1 monocular for spotting and replaced it with a X searcher ir and found it does not spook the fox's at all.

Maybe its been answered in the past, but a question I raised about the firefly spooking fox's, have you had, or noticed any spook ? I had 2 bolt as soon as I lit them up.

I lost mine :-(( gone forever in feet of poo I mounted it on a gen1 monocular for spotting and replaced it with a X searcher ir and found it does not spook the fox's at all.

Think I spooked one Fox once with my IR or he caught my scent.

It was 2 consecutive Fox's on the same night, it was not possible for those particular 2 to scent me as the wind was in my face so I just assumed it was the laser.

Anyway thanks for the reply bb

No worries Dougy.

It was only that one time it happened I was Lamping the fields calling when a Fox was coming in fast.I knocked off Lamp and put my Archer on and he stopped and turned so whether he winded me or got spooked by IR I couldn't tell you bud.

had 2 spook in 7yrs of using it.I know 1 of them i had missed the previous week,so that explains that 1.

the other had circled us whilst sat in the motor and was coming lovely to a hare call but turned as soon as the laser hit it.

had loads into 50yds not interested at all.

If what your using now gives more confidence in your kit..then it's the right 1.