what can i hunt with this air rifle?

Mc-

Lots of good advice here but remember field craft is as important part of hunting as the shooting itself, If you can't get with in range you can't hit them. Also read up on gaining permissions. Your rifle should be man enough for the job. Take your time, practise and learn mate. Nothing will put you off quicker than a messy shot. Good luck and keep us posted.

I was going to add comment, but to be honest, you already have as much information as you need in this thread.

Accuracy is everything, practice, practice, practice until you are consistently on target in a variety of conditions, then get out in the field and learn your field craft. Try and be responsible enough to not take on the long shots while you are learning how to get closer!

Hello

Im looking at getting a weihrauch hw99 and am pretty new to air rifles in general, i have been looking at air rifles for a long time looking at different ones and the hw99 is what i am set on. at first i will mainly be doing plinking but would eventually like to do some basic hunting. what would i be able to hunt with this air rifle? is it powerful enough?

thanks in advance :)

If you google 'gunmart hw99', reviews of the rifle should top the list. They like it :)

To the OP - That's a good honest post from someone who has obviously been reading around the subject but is willing to learn from those with experience. Pigeon watch member like people such as your self. Its surprising given the cold reception when they come knocking how many people three posts into becoming a member out right ask to come out on people's permissions.

Fill in your location and you may find that someone near by will take you under your wing. ;)

If your planning on just plinking, if you have a decent garden or patch of land where you can simulate a hunting situation more power too you. If you don't perhaps look to join a local air rifle club, there are many about! It will give you somewhere safe to practice and also give you somewhere where you can shoot at different ranges.

If someone asked me what i owned my air rifles for i would say for hunting as to me that's their primary use. That being said i plink... a lot.. its just good to keep your skill level up. I have a really decent garden, and have a little range set up at my zero distance ( 29 yards ) but i shoot from 10 yards, to 60 yards regularly, as i have the facility to shoot at those ranges for targets safely. Make your self shoot in as many different situations as possible, its all good practice, from sitting, standing, and awkward kneel, the close target that you were not prepared for ( that got me today! ).