2007 Major Championships

Catamong

The CPSA have just posted up on their website the entry forms for all of this years major championships, the English Open Sporting is at Doveridge, Staffs, in mid May, and the British Open Sporting is at High Lodge, Suffolk, at the end of August.

They are both very good grounds and will put on superb targets, so if you are thinking of having a go this year, get your entry in quick if you want a weekend slot, because these fill up fast.

Cat.

Nick,

If you have to ask the cost, you can't afford it matey. <_<

They're both 100 bird shoots, probably over 14 stands, with an entry fee of £49, and they will both be relatively hard shoots, with plenty of fast, zippy birds, (whoops, sorry, non-pc, that should read targets), that will catch plenty of people out.

I had been shooting for about 15 years before I entered my first major event, I had a very long apprenticeship shooting Woodies before I took up the clays, I simply couldn't afford it.

Yes, it's expensive, and you also have to take into account travelling costs, or for many people, loss of earnings if you have to take time off work.

Cat.

No plans to come up your way, I went to Barrow Heath near Newmarket on Sunday, Jeez, was it cold..!!

I'd like to come to the Lakenheath bash on 2nd March, (only for the pole dancers.. <_< ), but it means time off work, and I'm pretty busy right now, I'll have to see how things are nearer the time.

Cat

Booked in yesterday for both English and British.

Just hope the CPSA get their act together this year with the internet entries. What an almighty cock up last year, even though I booked in months in advance the week before I still hadn't had the paperwork through despite having the email notification. :good:

Guest AP1shooter
new on here guys so be gentle. not shot a clay for more than 2 years now so rusty isnt the word.

might do the english this year as ive had good results before :good::good::lol::|

Hi Brian

Welcome to the Forum nice to see you managed to get here :welcomeani:

Rich :good: