Tikka with T8

Hunter

So my very new, very unused Tikka has come home threaded and T8'd :stupid:

I need not say much, the piccies will explain the rest. Its a beast now, really added some weight to the already heavy barrel and solid Swarovski scope.

I look forward to long range crow shooting with Nick, once I get the all clear, and of course if he puts that lady down for a minute :stupid:

DSCN1077.jpg

DSCN1076.jpg

DSCN1075.jpg

Yup, .222rem T3 Varmint :stupid:

Shoots the knees of a Bea at 100meters. I have only fired 80 rounds or so with it :stupid:

Hope to try it at the 200 mark in a couple of weeks time. Meanwhile I will continue spending on it :stupid:

Next to buy: Leica 900 Range finder, Alpha Chrono, Cheekpad (bullet holder), and then im ready to go.

EDIT:

Cheers Andy, its been almost a year and it has done little more then seen action against paper targets.

Im hoping the Moderator will perform well as I dont like shooting without hearing protection (even one shot).

Hunter, how heavy are you finding the rifle.

Well I have grown up using HEAVY target rifles, and its in my blood. I bought the first two heavy barrel rifles in the shop, the other being my Sako Finnfire Varmint.

The weight is OK providing you arent running from something :stupid:

I have fitted it with a decent padded synthetic sling so its pretty reasonable. I like the weight in rifles. It allows a firm steady hold, copes better with fast paced shooting, and is a little more durable in the event of a drop/tumble in the field.

Obviously it is now a little front heavy, but a decent heavy steel scope really helps :stupid:

EDIT:

Cheers Andy, its been almost a year and it has done little more then seen action against paper targets.

Im hoping the Moderator will perform well as I dont like shooting without hearing protection (even one shot).

The moderator will be great - I just had a mod fitted to my .243 & used it last night for the first time properly (after zeroing last weekend), much better all round if a little front heavy, but off a bipod not a problem.

Cheers

AndyCM

Nice outfit Hunter. The plastic magazine is better than the metal one on a Sako.

Try fitting one of the foam covers to the T8 as I have found that it takes out a lot of the 'ding' when you fire, plus it adds a bit of protection to it without adding weight.

What make and size is the gun box, as it looks shorter than mine which would be a lot better when putting the thing in the back of the car?

Don

The foam cover will also provent the moderator from making that horrible tinny noise it makes when a blade of grass taps it! You'd be suprised as to how far that noise actually goes!

The foam cover is a really good idea - but remember to cover the T8 in vaseline or similar grease before it goes on. The manufacturers recommend that you store them 'off' the gun between shoots so it is easy to overlook a few raindriops on the mod - the vaseline will prevent nasty surprises when you take it off later.

Nice outfit!

B