cheap clay trap

islandgun

My mate has one (at least I think it's the same). They are pretty flimsy and lightweight. Only throw 1 clay at a time (I think it is possible to throw 2 but not with any force)

I'd say if you are only wanting to test ammo it'd be fine but you'd get a better one for similar money on gumtree.

The same mate made his own with old angle iron and box section. Fitted a spring from an old bailer. Bloody hell, it's lethal. It launches the clay into the next county! The trapper needs to release it from arms length, but I think it's great. It must be the redneck in me!

Edit to say that it is the £30 one he has. Is it the post mounted one you're looking at?

Edited by Big Al

Thanks mate yes the one I'm looking is free standing single bird (a1 decoys) about £40 delivered, thought it would be good practice with my lad and to see if i could get used to my 10g and steel reloads before the season; cheers IG

I have a bowman sled trap that I found in a shed when I moved into the farm I now live on, throws a decent single and doubles aren't too bad, if you could find one cheap second hand I'd reccomend one. I have a pallet in front of mine so I can angle it to get high singles too

the cheap @ £50 jobs throw just a simple teal.......not too far or too challenging.OK for a novice to start on but you will soon see the shortcomings...I do think there is a real market for someone to make a decent electric in the mid hundreds as frankly a decent clay trap is still best part of a grand which for what it is seems too much....