Yet another newbie

Flypast

Hi to you all i have heard alot about this forum and have at last decided to join in.

i am a pest controller by trade and am looking to purchase two air rifles, one for me and one for my wife, we want to join a local gun club when we have found one so that we may practice and become better shots before plying shooting in our trade. We live near to Swadlincote, Burton On Trent (well someone has to live here)

we are looking to purchase rifles for the shooting of pigeons and then no doubt it will be used for vermin and rabbits. which guns would you people advise. not too expensive as we have to get two.

all help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum :good:

I'd heard the AA S200 is especially good for ladies and seen a few using them on field targets etc. Im in love with my falcon at the moment, best bet would be to have a nose around a gun shop trying out differant rifles together, till you find one that suits you. Thats what i did, then hunted around for a used one for the right money, hope this helps :/

Welcome to the forum Flypast.

I would definitely suggest a pair of PCP's, as you benefit by being able to share a diveres bottle when it comes to recharging. Also, becuase its the only real option with you wanting to use it professionally.

Which rifle? There are a number of rifles that would suit your needs the rest is down to fit etc. If your taking many a shot in one go then perhaps a rifle with a large tank like the Theoben Rapid 7. This will help if you go FAC as it will give many more shots per charge.

Of course FAC does have its restrictions and if your not going that route the Air Arms S410 should suit your needs well. Its quite a chunky rifle so before you get anything, get yourselves down to that club and ask to try differing rifles. I'm sure they will oblige. Failing that, go down to your local gunsmith and try some out.

Welcome to the forum Flypast.

I would definitely suggest a pair of PCP's, as you benefit by being able to share a divers bottle when it comes to recharging. Also, becuase its the only real option with you wanting to use it professionally.

Which rifle? There are a number of rifles that would suit your needs the rest is down to fit etc. If your taking many a shot in one go then perhaps a rifle with a large tank like the Theoben Rapid 7. This will help if you go FAC as it will give many more shots per charge.

Of course FAC does have its restrictions and if your not going that route the Air Arms S410 should suit your needs well. Its quite a chunky rifle so before you get anything, get yourselves down to that club and ask to try differing rifles. I'm sure they will oblige. Failing that, go down to your local gunsmith and try some out.

Thanks to all of you for your help, your replies are extremely helpful, and i will certainly take your advice and join the gun club first and try different models. i know there is a club near to me somewhere and i have met the person that runs it albeit a year ago, but i also know he owns a shop somwhere local i will do some homework and take the advice given by yourselves on board.

Thanks again

Steve