my new rifles:::))))))))

vermin killer

hi everyone im new to these forums but cannot believe how great these forums are and the wealth of information available here.

i scourd the internet for deals on a new rifle and looked at the bsa xl tactical with all weather synthetic stock logun lamp also.it was £200 for the rifle.on further thought a springer isnt practicle for night hunting which is what i intend to do most.

i also bought total airguns book which is cool and full of usefull stuff,this prompted me to look at a pcp rifel.so without my misses knowing i scourd the internet again this time in search of a pre charged.

i then after much mind changeing and talk from the gun dealer was talked into getting the weirauch hw100 sporter stock.

i got a 3-9x50simmons scope and logun lamp kit for the springer and a atn paladin night vision scope for the pre charged and a gen1 monoculer.all of wich not yet arrived hopefully they come by the weekend.

so a big credit card debt later and a sure swift size 5 boot from the misses when she finds out how much ive spent.(also i got survival gear poncho cammo nets backpack redwood green suit etc etc)i wondering if anyone has any knowlage on the guns i chose and have i made a good chioce?

i have a 3 ltr divers bottle on the way also.

are the weirauchs hw 100 as good as they say?i hear theyer heavy but as heavy as a springer.

2 bags of sand?? im guessing £2 grand???

Thats mad to say you just went out and bought it without any knowledge of what you were buying? (im assuming that as you ask if we think you made the right choice and I'm not saying you didn't either!)

More money than sense lol! Wish I had that to spean on another combo! :good:

2 bags of sand?? im guessing £2 grand???

Thats mad to say you just went out and bought it without any knowledge of what you were buying? (im assuming that as you ask if we think you made the right choice and I'm not saying you didn't either!)

More money than sense lol! Wish I had that to spean on another combo! :good:

nar i scourd the internet for information and what apeald is the cocking system and the fact that you carnt double load the weirauch also the silencer is ment to be top dolla. the synthetic stock on the bsa appeald to me also good grip and warm to the touch also a silencer .the rifles i bought i think suit me.i do see what your saying as daystate do some really nice quality rifels but these i think are still good choices.i went out with a freind today hes got an air arms s410 and i wasnt really impressed with the cocking/loading system nor the way u have to wiggle the bolt now and again.the night vision ,well now no need for lamps(but i will still use lamping as its fun)expensive but its just stealth without the need to alert prey with lamps.it has quite a powerfull ir illuminator only gen 1+ but i think its adequate for my needs.just wondering if any ones got a simler set up and hands on with the rifles or nv gear i bought.

If you plan on donating some (tax deductable if you own a business) to a poor uni student, after a 12G paypal me at..... lol Nice set of guns, I thought I was bad buying a BSA Lightning second hand with scope and some camo 95 for my first set up!

hey i love bsa contrary to what people say as i grew up with bsa.i had meteor,supersport,also had some ancient diana thing.i here the lightning is a good starter rifle.i was gonna get a super ten mk3 befor speaking to the gun dealer but he said the weirauch is by far better.i know the super10 is supposed to be very accurate and i like the look of them,but my dream rifel would be a daystate but that would have taken half of my budget,check out shootingshack on the net for good second hand rifles when you want to upgrade from your lightning.

If you plan on donating some (tax deductable if you own a business) to a poor uni student, after a 12G paypal me at..... lol Nice set of guns, I thought I was bad buying a BSA Lightning second hand with scope and some camo 95 for my first set up!

hey i love bsa contrary to what people say as i grew up with bsa.i had meteor,supersport,also had some ancient diana thing.i here the lightning is a good starter rifle.i was gonna get a super ten mk3 befor speaking to the gun dealer but he said the weirauch is by far better.i know the super10 is supposed to be very accurate and i like the look of them,but my dream rifel would be a daystate but that would have taken half of my budget,check out shootingshack on the net for good second hand rifles when you want to upgrade from your lightning.

I wont upgrade it, I will probably keep it for ever as a roosting/rabbit rifle and something for when I have kids to prove as an introduction to shooting. At the mo I am after my first shotgun after having a go with one on sunday! I have a nice armoury planned for once i leave uni and become a chartered accountant/investment guru. So this and my 12G (if i get it) will be just the start, also want a .17hmr (long range rabbits & odd greedy maggie/crow) .243/244 (foxy rifle) 20/28G (something for the kids to learn on when old enough) and a 12G Semi Auto (for pigeons & maybe the odd clay)

Personally.........being a tight-wad...............to spend £2K on airgun gear is sheer madness.

£3-400 air rifle combo = 12ft lb :welcomeani:

£1500 - 2000 air rifle combo = 12ft lb :good:

bahhh humbug :good:

wow so many negative posts.if youd read properly i didnt just buy two combos i bought a whole load of other kit.camo suits netts lamping kits night vision kits tents sleeping bag roll mat cooking gear a decent hunting knife is 30 quid boots headwear gun slips bipod slings divers bottle cleaning kits wet weather gear.rod and real tacle box.survival equiptment and a whole lot more.

£3-400 air rifle combo = 12ft lb :good: tell me wher u get a springer combo and a pcp combo with lamps sights and night vision for this price?

i got all brand new gear with warrentys and guarenties.i think the level of sriouseness im applying to this sport explains why ive spent what ive spent im not asking for comments on the ammount ive spent im asking for comments from any one whos used these rifles.so much for welcoming an air gun enthusiast to the sport.

Have you got any land to shoot over yet?

got insured yesterday also getting some cards printed up.today i phoned local farms in the yellow pages left my number with several of them,one sounded real promising.my dad has a piece of land and theres lots of rabbits and vermin there but its small land.want somthing bigger that isnt as flat and fetureless.tonight im going door knocking,theres 6 local farms that i couldnt find the number for that have many vermin on so ill ask.im gonna keep at it,and the local kibworth air gun club said they get a few farmers asking for pest controll.im jst gonna stick at it till i find what i want.

Well I am sure you will have a blast with all your new gear mate! I would love to get a NV scope but they are 2 damn expensive and I would have to get another rifle for it as I shoot alot in the day also! Thinking about getting an NV monocular next month though!

Have fun and good luck on the permission :welcomeani:

Well I am sure you will have a blast with all your new gear mate! I would love to get a NV scope but they are 2 damn expensive and I would have to get another rifle for it as I shoot alot in the day also! Thinking about getting an NV monocular next month though!

Have fun and good luck on the permission :welcomeani:

I wouldnt waste my money. :good:

If you are shooting at air rifle ranges (and this is the air gun section so bear with me) then they have a use. When approacing .22lr or .17hmr ranges they are less useful (monoculars).

Obviously a pukka NV is a better choice but as you said more expensive.

If I had the money I would buy a monocular. I would use it to sweep the shoot and get into air gun range before turning the lamp on. Other than that I would use it to look at a "hot spot" whilst sitting up rather than using the lamp each time.

If you are shooting at air rifle ranges (and this is the air gun section so bear with me) then they have a use. When approacing .22lr or .17hmr ranges they are less useful (monoculars).

Obviously a pukka NV is a better choice but as you said more expensive.

If I had the money I would buy a monocular. I would use it to sweep the shoot and get into air gun range before turning the lamp on. Other than that I would use it to look at a "hot spot" whilst sitting up rather than using the lamp each time.

see i not got it all wrong.i was thinking of the same thing but im not gonna need lamps thats the beuty of it.also dont let strong light enter the lense or youll burn out the tube.gen 2 upwards have better tubes i think so there brighter.i only bought the monocula as im ****scared of the dark lol :welcomeani: but its the next gen of night hunting so its worth trying it now we have choice of this technologie.

Snakebite, don't bother with the monoculars for spotting. Unless you get a decent setup or drag along an extra lamp with an IR filter, you'll not see far. Better off and much cheaper investing in a better lamp. :welcomeani: Have a chat with JJ about his old NV monoculars. :good:

got my xl tactical today.took a while to get used to the stock.but its growing on me.went on a peice of waist land to zero it in.was getting 2 inch groupings at about 40-50 yards.its a tidy little springer its ok when your crawling around stalking rabbits because its a synthetic stock and doesnt scratch easily.its not too heavy and you only here the spring when you fire it,but a bit of recoil.also loading it as any springer seemed to allert pigeon.saw many rabbits but my stalking skills still need working on.was laying near a warren and a fox came right in front of me think my realtree hardwood suit really works a treat,didnt take a shot at the fox as was worried that id just injure it.also squirrels wher just coming real close.after not bagging me a rabbit i went back along the woodline wher wood pigoens roost at dusk and bagged me a wood pigeon,which im gonna give my freind who ownes a goss hawk.dam time flies when your out there i was out from 10.30 this mornin till 5.30 tonight lol.im nearly there though when i saw one rabbit i crawled along to try and get in range but still need to learn how the targets react to my pressence.another rabbit also was just lucky to escape i think i hit it but not clean headshot.ive found some good sitty trees or roosting spots and also a good spot for squirrells,and the place was very active with foxes and rabbits.ill let you all know what the weirauch hw100 is like when i get it at the weekend.

got my xl tactical today.took a while to get used to the stock.but its growing on me.went on a peice of waist land to zero it in.was getting 2 inch groupings at about 40-50 yards.its a tidy little springer its ok when your crawling around stalking rabbits because its a synthetic stock and doesnt scratch easily.its not too heavy and you only here the spring when you fire it,but a bit of recoil.also loading it as any springer seemed to allert pigeon.saw many rabbits but my stalking skills still need working on.was laying near a warren and a fox came right in front of me think my realtree hardwood suit really works a treat,didnt take a shot at the fox as was worried that id just injure it.also squirrels wher just coming real close.after not bagging me a rabbit i went back along the woodline wher wood pigoens roost at dusk and bagged me a wood pigeon,which im gonna give my freind who ownes a goss hawk.dam time flies when your out there i was out from 10.30 this mornin till 5.30 tonight lol.im nearly there though when i saw one rabbit i crawled along to try and get in range but still need to learn how the targets react to my pressence.another rabbit also was just lucky to escape i think i hit it but not clean headshot.ive found some good sitty trees or roosting spots and also a good spot for squirrells,and the place was very active with foxes and rabbits.ill let you all know what the weirauch hw100 is like when i get it at the weekend.

Well I would suggest that as you are knew to shooting i would take your range down to 30yds and you really need to ensure you are getting 1inch groupings before shooting quarry, or as stated with the rabbit you "think you hit it", you need a clean kill. Obviously the odd flyer will happen when you just miss the kill spot and dont kill it instantly, but as i said 'the odd' not the first shot. Also as to foxes, DONT EVER SHOOT ONE WITH AN AIR RIFLE no matter the range, leave that to the shotguns and Centrefire rifles.

But sounds like you have some great hunting grounds all you need to do is hone your fieldcraft and aim then....bingo!

Snakebite, don't bother with the monoculars for spotting. Unless you get a decent setup or drag along an extra lamp with an IR filter, you'll not see far. Better off and much cheaper investing in a better lamp. :lookaround: Have a chat with JJ about his old NV monoculars. :whistling:

:lookaround: I know what you mean but for the purposes I explained in my post they would be suitable!

I don't want a sodding great lamp that if flicked on will cause the bunnies to Foxtrot Oscar. I was going to use one to lay up at 30yds on a well known hot spot and use it to scan the area so I know they are out, then face the right way get set up, flick lamp on and pop, bunny stew for dinner :thanks:

At 12lb air gun distances they do have more use.

In this wet weather I find stalking noisey and am having to change tactics to get on the bunnies.