Geco subsonic .22s

Hi all

Just wondering, has anyone bought an Geco subs recently? I understand they used to be good, but then quality dropped - has it come back up yet? They were recommended for a gun I've just bought, but I'd like to know if they're reliable before I buy a load. Anyone had any misfires / problems etc. with them recently?

Thanks.

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good round nosed bullet for use in a CZ511 semi auto? (I've only got hollow points which it doesn't seem to feed so well as the noses are a bit flat). I will try a range of ammo, as I know every gun is different, but some pointers would be handy.

Cheers.

They won't cycle in my semi.................

RWS and Remington subs have a pointier hollow point nose and are consistent performers for me. They load well, cycle well and group well. In fact the Remingtons, which I thought would be a bit cheap and nasty, are very consistently finished.

I found Fiocchi (sp?) to be nearly supersonic ( or put another way very loud for subs!)

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good round nosed bullet for use in a CZ511 semi auto? (I've only got hollow points which it doesn't seem to feed so well as the noses are a bit flat). I will try a range of ammo, as I know every gun is different, but some pointers would be handy.

Cheers.

RWS semi auto feed through my Ruger with no issues and accuracy is fine for my usage. Good price too (£4-£4.50 a box).

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good round nosed bullet for use in a CZ511 semi auto?

I have a 511 too and dont have any issues with Eley or Winchester subsonics.It wont entertain CCI subs though,but Minimags,Stingers & Velocitors work fine.

If you just want a cheap solid plinking round try American Eagle.

Cheers.

try cci hollow points or standard target ammo,

Thanks for the suggestions, all. :good: I've only tried a few of what I already had so far - Winchester, CCI and Eley (all subs). Actually, the Winchester probably cycled most reliably, which is odd as they've got the flattest noses and I wasn't expecting them to. CCI weren't great (caught between mag and chamber), and Eley were OK if I remember right. I'll get some more varieties at the weekend and try. It seems that one of the mags I've got feeds better than the other.

Would be nice if it was accurate and reliable with Winchesters, as my CZ542 loves them. The 452 can't stand Remington, and RWS aren't great either.