BIRD FLU IN SUFFOLK

starlight32

All shooting closed in around my area, I only live 15 miles from the center of all the trouble.

All vermin shoots cancelled

Pigeon shooting out

Had a knock on effect in even surrounding areas outside the 10 mile catchment area where everyone has thought it prudent to knock it on the head. Farmers even been told they must switch the bangers off.

What do think?

This could drag on for a long while?

I know one thing- I won't be buying a turkey again from one certain local supplier I know!!!

Regards Starlight32

Hate to gloat, but I checked the areas on DEFRA website earlier this evening, and found the area MC and I have just got permission on near Ipswich is outside the Restriction Zone. :lol:

In all seriousness though Starlight, I wouldn't worry it will pass very quickly, same as the Scottish incident did last year (or was it two years ago now). It won't stop us shooting clays at Lakenheath though on the Friday 2nd March.

SS :)

Hate to gloat, but I checked the areas on DEFRA website earlier this evening, and found the area MC and I have just got permission on near Ipswich is outside the Restriction Zone. :lol:

In all seriousness though Starlight, I wouldn't worry it will pass very quickly, same as the Scottish incident did last year (or was it two years ago now). It won't stop us shooting clays at Lakenheath though on the Friday 2nd March.

SS :)

I hope you are right suffolk shooter, its just I have the impression this might go on and on, I have read that the period is 21 days. When this starts from I dont know though. If it prolongs I cant see the farmers wearing it against crop damage as the birds will have a field day.