anyone know what scope this is?

nderfel

A rifle scope !

Do I get a prize?

Lol...sorry mate...cuddna resist it...lol.

U :-)

no flies on you - first prize! one cheap imported scope ;)

If its unbranded it is likely to be a cheap Chinese import, if its new I would not have wanted to pay more than £45 , if its S/H a fair bit less.

Cheers, I did pay a fair bit less so that's fine. its going on either the .22 or .17 HMR. I have a Meopta 7x50 on the 22 at the moment but I just don't get on with it so might save that for my 308

Looks like a ritcher optics scope I used to have ..

Bang on I think, it's a chinese generic scope. Let us know how it performs, sometimes people are too quick to dismiss products from this part of the world when in reality some items represent great value !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-86NTNSaQyIY/T7lSQaTWvWI/AAAAAAAAAEo/4EInQEacXbs/s1600/RichterOpticScopes.jpg

I've seen them on ebay with bushnell crudely plastered down the side of the ocular housing, they usually have a big upside down Christmas tree type reticle which has red/green illumination. I think everyone above is right that it's a generic Chinese scope that they bang out labeled as tasco, bushnell and a few others. I got one labeled as bushnell years ago for £24.99 but it certainly wasn't a bushnell although it would have been fine on a pcp air rifle fir plinking.

the meopta is a fine scope :-)

yeah it is, I just cant seem to get the focus right on it, the cross hairs are always fading out no matter how much I adjust the eye relief.

i shall report back when the new one arrives, the guy selling it has had it on his .308 and says it performed well. we shall see.

Worst case I shall write 'leupold' on it in tipex and stick it back on ebay for £999

Eye relief or focusing?

Assuming on my part but when adjusting the focusing occular bell do not stare at objects long while adjusting/testing it....this gives time for the eye to adjust to the reticle and object and is misleading. Do not point it in the sky as some do.

Mine struggled on close stuff but at 50yds adjust it so an instant glance of a target everything is in focus. A glance at a time! The old lock ring and fine thread system can take a while to get right, seems worse for long sighted folk like me :-(.

U.

I think it's focussing. 100 yards or more and at crystal clear but anything less it's blurry. As I have it on my 22 and use it for lamping most of the shooting with it is done at 50 or so.

Should. Come closer than that chief!

With my size twelves, stealth ain't an option ;)