.223 Lever Release Rifle

Save a few thousand £££ and get a trigger release VZ58 from Scott at Caledonian Classic Arms, available in 9mm, .223, 7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel to start with.

Just a note to add that my SGC 9mm lever release blew up in my face, fat Bob of course blamed me and took no responsibility, then another one up in Scotland blew up in exactly the same way.

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17424&hilit=mars

Edited by phaedra1106

Realy want a 9mm lever release and was all set to put a variation in for a sgc one till I heard the bad reviews, the vz58 looks good but Carnt find any vids or info on the 9mm version and even tho I do like tacticool rifles with rails etc I'm a purest when it comes to a ak and needs to be wood not abs with full stock

They will eventually put up videos on the Caledonian Clasic arms website they are just in the process of updating the website at the minute. The VZ58 mars looks very good, basically making a mockery of the 1987 Act.

Here is a video I have just uploaded I found on some shooting forum. A prototype of this gun being fired.

Not Uk legal due to length, but the longer one can probably do the same. Impressive rate of fire.

There's a coupe of video links in the thread I posted above on Full Bore UK, the VZ58 isn't an AK, it's the Czech's own design and very dependable it is too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J-oCbZ4njiE

I noticed fat Bob has now dropped the price of the LRA9 back to under £2000, he'd previously had it over that which was over £600 more than it cost last year. Obviously just keeping up with inflation and not just trying to rip people off while he had the market to himself!

Edited by phaedra1106

There's a coupe of video links in the thread I posted above on Full Bore UK, the VZ58 isn't an AK, it's the Czech's own design and very dependable it is too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J-oCbZ4njiE

I noticed fat Bob has now dropped the price of the LRA9 back to under £2000, he'd previously had it over that which was over £600 more than it cost last year. Obviously just keeping up with inflation and not just trying to rip people off while he had the market to himself!

Someone I met who has one said he paid about £1700 for it but when I looked a few weeks ago it was about £2300.

How does the trigger release work? You pull it a second time to release the bolt?

Yes - according to one of the shooting magazines.