HIDE POLES

Hello to you all, I am in the process of bying some new hide poles, but the choice is far greater than when i last bought some around 8 years ago........

Ive been told that the 'Twist-lock' are worth looking at as they have a sturdy kick plate and don't slip down..........any info / reccomendations will be appreciated .

many thanks, W.W.N.

WWN

The best hide poles I have are various lengths of pollarded Hazel shanks cut at 18 to 25mm diameter. I cut about 30 at a time. The ones you are not using regularly are best left to season over winter as they dry and strengthen and become about 40% lighter, I fix rubber Y top rod rest heads to the tops ( Cheap from any tackle shop ) and they do a proper job. FM.

I've been looking for the washing line poles for the last few months and had no joy.

Ended buying some HIDE POLES from the gun shop for £50 ish (not saying :*) )

And now you say you can get them from bloody argos AARRGGHHH!!!!

Been done AGAIN! :*) :*) :< :< :*) :*)

never mind, you win some, you loss some.

£4 EACH AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply's fellas, must admit I hadn't thought about washing poles- what a great idea! The pollarded hazel I have used before, thanks for that Mike.

I do like to get them well into the ground though and sometimes-when we get a dry spell / hard frost, I find it hard to push them in.

Food for thought though, so many thanks once again for all replies, WWN.

FOR THE ATTENTION OF VERMIN DROPPER

Thanks for your email V.D. I have already started on one pole, just to see what i can produce, if it turns out o.k. I will get three more and do the business on em!

However, the content of your email was of great interest and I have made a note for the future, as we say in deepest norfolk, 'Yer a good ol boy an tharse the truth'!

W.W.N. :beer: