ejector spring

swampy

The correct spring can be purchased in a length of about 12 inches from your local belt/bearing/sprocket supplier.

In Hereford that is CBS Rotary Power Motion, there will surely be a similar company near you.

Take the old spring as a pattern as they will need the wire diameter and the coil diameter.

They may need to order it in for you and you will need to buy more than you want but it is not expensive.

Hope this helps.

Tony.

Pattern springs can be adapted by shortening, as long as the O/D and I/D are correct, and the spring tension is sufficient. General purpose springs may not be hard enough - or stand up to the heat generated , but are an acceptable solution if nothing else available, but could have limited life. Also, if you have the spring measures, you will almost certainly find compatible or shortenable ejector springs form other makes will adapt or work, and these will be hard enough for purpose.

Original spares spares are available (from me, www.####.co.uk) for I Rizzini and B Rizzini guns ( Cheshire Guns) - but not E Rizzini - the old E-R's are obsolete in terms of original spares now as production stopped over 20 years ago.

if you are asking for / seeking Rizzini spares you need to specify WHICH of the Rizzini clan made the gun as there are several:-

Rizzinis and Lincolns

Lincoln: David Nickerson of Louth imported guns from various sources for many decades and branded them either Nickerson or Lincoln. Some early Lincolns like the folding poacher’s models are Acciaio Vickers guns. The popular Lincoln no 2 sideplate was a re-branded E Rizzini gun, and the later Lincolns are I Rizzini (FAIR) guns. David retired in 2008 and the import of Lincoln guns was taken over by John Rothery aka Bisley / Parker Hale brands, who continues to supply these FAIR guns under the Lincoln Brand.

B Rizzini: First there is the maker, Battista Rizzini, who has a modern, well-equipped factory in Italy's Gardone valley gunmaking quarter near Brescia. The company was founded in 1965, and makes good-quality shotguns and over-under double rifles. B Rizzinis are extensively distributed in the USA. B Rizzin’s use parts that are unique to this brand as well as parts supplied from the FAIR factory, viz I Rizzini and B Rizzini use the same choke systems.

F Rizzini: Then there is F. lli Rizzini, which translates as 'Rizzini Brothers'. Headed up by Guido Rizzini, they, too, are in the Gardone region, where they are reputed to produce only 25 guns a year, each to the highest standards. Each one is said to be a one-off masterpiece.

G Rizzini: Guido, founder of F.Illi Rizzini

I Rizzini: There is also Isidoro Rizzini, whose company is better known as FAIR. This factory distributes its home production as Rizzini – while UK exports are branded Lincoln, and German Exports Rottweil. Production has also been made under Savage Arms branding.

E Rizzini: Emilio made budget-priced guns like the E Rizzini No 2 sideplate, ( also sold as the Lincoln No2) as well as many better-quality guns. Emilio retired and sold out to another Brescia area company, Fausti Stefano. The new E. Rizzini’s are Fausti guns and new parts are not compatible with the popular older No2 series from the 1980’s and earlier.

All of the gunmaking Rizzinis are closely related. Battista, Isidoro, and Emilio are brothers, and they are nephews of Guido and his brothers who founded F. lli Rizzini.

The Rizzini clan is also related to the Fausti family of gunmakers. Another relative is Caesar Guerini, yet another Brescia-area gunmaker who makes higher grade sporters and trap guns.

FAIR srl: Established in 1971. FAIR (Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini, which translates as 'Isidoro Rizzini's Arms Factory' This factory sells guns branded as Rizzini; and exports the same guns branded as Lincolns, Rottweil and Savage ( to USA).

GASPERINI: These guns look almost identical to E Rizzini guns, but are made by Prandelli

FIAS srl: FIAS is an abbreviation for Fabbrica Italiana Armi Sabatti. This Italian gun maker distributes as Sabatti, but also makes other branded guns, notably the Browning Medallist.

Edited by clayman