Just thought i`d say howdy.

CarlC

Hi all

I`m Carl, i`m 16 (17 in April), i`m from Oxford, England,UK.

I`m doing a Carpentry course to gain an NVQ1.

I want to get into airgunning/hunting, i want to get my own air gun and air rifle when i`m 17, though my mum will most probebly through it away.:lol:

Still getting one though.

I joined your lovely, thriving forum as i hope to get into the sport of airgunning and hoping you guys can give me tips about equipment and recipes etc.

Also help me with my first rifle which i`m saving up for now.

cheers

CarlC

P.S any excuses i could say to my mum when i buy my rifle, extremely welcome. :sick::lol:

Hi all

I want to get into airgunning/hunting, i want to get my own air gun and air rifle when i`m 17, though my mum will most probebly through it away.:lol:

I joined your lovely, thriving forum as i hope to get into the sport of airgunning and hoping you guys can give me tips about equipment and recipes etc.

cheers

CarlC

P.S any excuses i could say to my mum when i buy my rifle, extremely welcome. :sick::lol:

CarlC, welcome! Being 19 (nearly 20) I had the whole gun arguement for yrs then gave up. I know I shouldn't have but after a year + trying my mum would not budge and I used to use my step dad's air rifle in the garden anyway. However, when I went off to uni, my mate got a B2 for his birthday. So after some plinking with that I got the Lightning against mum's wishes. So what I did was kept it round my girlfriend's for a while then slowly introduced it home for a day or 2 then back to my gf's and then brought the gun over for a week+ & started in the garden. Now mum doesn't care to much about the air rifle.

So I am moving onto bigger guns (a SG maybe) and am slowly talking mum round to that one too. Its just like ww1, a war of attrition from the trenches my friend! Its quite ironic, mums are always the ones to say know to guns where as dads normally want a go!

Hi all

I want to get into airgunning/hunting, i want to get my own air gun and air rifle when i`m 17, though my mum will most probebly through it away. :D

cheers

CarlC

P.S any excuses i could say to my mum when i buy my rifle, extremely welcome. :lol::)

CarlC, welcome! Being 19 (nearly 20) I had the whole gun arguement for yrs then gave up. I know I shouldn't have but after a year + trying my mum would not budge and I used to use my step dad's air rifle in the garden anyway. However, when I went off to uni, my mate got a B2 for his birthday. So after some plinking with that I got the Lightning against mum's wishes. So what I did was kept it round my girlfriend's for a while then slowly introduced it home for a day or 2 then back to my gf's and then brought the gun over for a week+ & started in the garden. Now mum doesn't care to much about the air rifle.

So I am moving onto bigger guns (a SG maybe) and am slowly talking mum round to that one too. Its just like ww1, a war of attrition from the trenches my friend! Its quite ironic, mums are always the ones to say know to guns where as dads normally want a go!

:no: I ain`t got no where to put it.Oh well i`ll be 17 so won`t have to do what mum tells me to do. :o As long as i get a job and pay rent it should be all cool.IF she don`t let me have one cut the rent in half. :yes:

Hi all

I want to get into airgunning/hunting, i want to get my own air gun and air rifle when i`m 17, though my mum will most probebly through it away. :D

cheers

CarlC

P.S any excuses i could say to my mum when i buy my rifle, extremely welcome. :lol::)

:no: I ain`t got no where to put it.Oh well i`ll be 17 so won`t have to do what mum tells me to do. :o As long as i get a job and pay rent it should be all cool.IF she don`t let me have one cut the rent in half. :yes:

just make sure you get a guncase/slip not only becuase you need one to take it off your premises but also the fact mum will be happier knowing its tucked away safe. Have you asked her what her problem is with you owning an air rifle? Explain things to her clearly and if its safety prob, then you could always offer to get a gun safe. I know it sounds overkill but if it gets the job done and you can then use it when/if you move onto rifles and sg's.

When I first started out I had a safe for mine. My mum kept the keys so I had to ask for it and could only use it when she was around. I was 13 at the time mind! If it means she's happy, it's a small price to pay. Don't upset her, it's her house after all!

true, but it`s my life :D

Hi Carl and the rest of you. I'm new too. Just logged on here after seeing the pigeon watch website for the second time. Like you carl, i'd better mention something about myself. As my username suggest im from somerset. I've been shooting since i was 7 years old and flyfishing since i was 12. Im now 27 years old. I shot on the foreshore of the Bristol Channel for duck for several years with not much success and have been involved in Pheasant shooting syndicates, here in somerset, throughout my shooting life so far. I've also decoyed pigeon, lamped for rabbits and the last 2 weekends have shot roosting pigeons.Roosting pigeons being the hardest shooting i do in my opinion..hence on saturday i shot 9 pigeon for 37 shots!but whpo's counting! There is no better quarry for shooting than the fast, sweeping woodpigeon. In fact, i just ate pigeon pie and very nice it was. I am also part of the way into training my first gundog and springer spaniel. Its going very well but as my father keeps saying, 'if the dog is 100 per cent trained before you shoot over her the first time then expect a gundog that does 50 per cent of what you want her to do for the rest of her shooting life'. I think he's probably right. It certainly isn't easy. Anyway, please write back and say hello. I will definately reply. Nick

Anyway, please write back and say hello. I will definately reply. Nick

:no: Was going to anyway :o (i`ve got to stop with the :yes: emoticon :lol: )

Anywayz hello and wlecome to the best airgunniung forum on t`net.

How are you?

Not much to ask now you`ve anwsered it all, i would ask what airgun you using but i would have a clue.

I`m still thinking of what to say to my mum,the problem with her is she doesn`t really what to her what u got to say. :D:)

Was going to say bout me killing pigeons and rabbits for dinner and for pest control, and bout me keeping it(unloaded) in a sort of steel box and as njc110381 says she keeps the key.God i hope this works(sorry god).

Thanks for reply carl. No ones really mentioned this to you but if i was you i would try and get some permission from a local land owner to use your gun on there land. Then you have another reason for an airgun. Your mother would first of all ask 'what are you going to do with it when you get it'?

good point, but i ain`t got a gun.the place i can think of is a local farm.

Thanks for reply carl. No ones really mentioned this to you but if i was you i would try and get some permission from a local land owner to use your gun on there land. Then you have another reason for an airgun. Your mother would first of all ask 'what are you going to do with it when you get it'?

Talk to your mum, ask her why she is against it, offer to get a gun safe and let her keep the keys etc then join basc and find a local farm to shoot on. I imagine your mum's concerns if you listen to them will be wrong or half baked tales. E.g. my mum was worried if i got a 12g i was going to shoot it in my back garden!

Talk to your mum, ask her why she is against it, offer to get a gun safe and let her keep the keys etc then join basc and find a local farm to shoot on. I imagine your mum's concerns if you listen to them will be wrong or half baked tales. E.g. my mum was worried if i got a 12g i was going to shoot it in my back garden!

my mums will be so doesn`t like them. :rolleyes: And they`re dangerous.

if you want her to come to realise you are mature enough to be a responsible shooter and gun owner, honesty is the best policy.

i agree that sitting down and talking with her about the issue is the best way forward. at the end of the day though, it's her roof you are living under - despite paying board.

good luck though :drool:

Hi all

I want to get into airgunning/hunting, i want to get my own air gun and air rifle when i`m 17, though my mum will most probebly through it away.:drool:

cheers

CarlC

P.S any excuses i could say to my mum when i buy my rifle, extremely welcome. :drool::drool:

dont worry mate,im 40 married 3 kids got loads of guns and my MUM still worries