went shoting yesterday

reedbradshaw

shot 1 crow from about 20 yard off a telegraph ppole from standing

2 woodies both from about 30-35 yard prone on my belly :)

not bad for my first trip on this land, the lands supposed to be over run with rabbits but the person who goes as well as me gets them all with the lamp. i didnt see anyout in the day but i did see lots of evidence, fresh dropping and fresh runs etc etc. were thinking of going lamping soon to see if we can bag any. i went with my mate who has never shot before ( i have only shot with my puny rat catcher ) ive never actually walked round a field shooting like i did that day we must have walked miles ( 4 hours worth ) but it was worth it and very enjoyable. the crow i took was on the way home i didnt really notice it untill it made a noise! howver there were lots of woodies about but i `failed to get close to them as there is very little cover. i tried stalking the hedge rows and was succesfull i was looking through the scope and saw that a meter to my left was a pole which i could rest my gun on. so still looking through the scope at the woodies aruond 20 yard away ( a tree full of them ) i side stpped and trod on what must have been the loudest twig i have ever trood on. the birds all flew away,, gutted :D o well giong next week sunday again though!

off to range tonight again to practice my standing shots as they were very poor indeed ! any advice for me breathing tecniques etc ? :no:

there were fields full of seagulls am i allowed to shoot these ? :o

mm so i guess im not allowed to shoot them :D

i thought they were really big pests imo.

are they such a pest or is it just me who thinks that. ever been to skeggy with chips :)

They might be a pest, the person who owns the land will tell you if they are or not. An air rifle is not the tool for that job though.

ok then cheers lads, ye ai knew the rules of shooting as ive visited the site before. i did "um and ar" about shooting it but decided i better not as i wasnt 100% sure i was allowed to shoot it.

you sure a air rifle wouldnt take a seagull they look about the same size and stature as a big crow to me :D

advice welcomed

Before you undertake the shooting of any bird or mammal on the general licenses, make sure you have read and fully understood them completely. Ignorance will not protect you in the eyes of the law. It is your duty to find out the laws that pertain to your chosen activity.

A full list of the General Licenses can be found here:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/regulat/...s_man/index.htm