CZ 452 Scope Mount

oakland rob

Im looking for decent scope mount for a CZ (452) with 11mm Dovetails, Searched the net and BKL Mounts keep getting mentioned quite a bit, Does anybody on here use them ? If so what do you think of them ? Any other good alternatives ? Needs to be fairly rugged and i want to keep the scope as low as possible, Will be using a scope with max obj size of 42mm, certainly no bigger, Thought about one of these as well to open up the ring options https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156323&CAT=3600 What do you guys think/recommend ?

Cheers

With all due respect it is a 452!

Almost anything £5 up will do the job, there are loads to chose from, you really don't need to spend a fortune, and anyone who tells you otherwise is talking piffle!

post-20848-0-47936000-1405940172_thumb.jpg

Right assortment here on my selection of .22lr/HMR/WMR, they all work just fine and none cost BKL money.

:good:

OK Chaps thats excellent, Just what i needed to know, Never had a CZ before and kept hearing stories that the Dovetails can be a bit 'iffy' and not always the exact size and cut as they should be therefore mounts not tightening up correctly, Whether thats right or not i dont know but I'll give it a go with some mounts i have here and see how we go.

I wasnt worried about the recoil more worried about me knocking it around as i have a tendency to do and losing zero due to cheap mounts on dodgy dovetails.

DEKERS - What scope is that on your 3rd gun down in the picture ? It looks very long..!

OK Chaps thats excellent, Just what i needed to know, Never had a CZ before and kept hearing stories that the Dovetails can be a bit 'iffy' and not always the exact size and cut as they should be therefore mounts not tightening up correctly, Whether thats right or not i dont know but I'll give it a go with some mounts i have here and see how we go.

I wasnt worried about the recoil more worried about me knocking it around as i have a tendency to do and losing zero due to cheap mounts on dodgy dovetails.

DEKERS - What scope is that on your 3rd gun down in the picture ? It looks very long..!

I haven't seen any dodgy dovetails on a CZ 452.

Its a Hawke Varmint, with a sunshade fitted, the top 3 have all got sunshades fitted of various lengths, just makes them look long! :good:

As others have said the dovetails on CZ are fine, and you get much more recoil from an old springer than even a WMR! Make sure rifle dovetails are clean before you fit and also check mount base, some are reversible for different types/size of dovetail.

I still favour double screw though as you can see.

With regards your general comments on mounts, fit carefully and screw them up gently and evenly, never fully tighten one before all the others are at that point, and on double screw mounts, tighten diagonally opposite. Check for level and eye relief before you make them too tight! :good:

Edited by Dekers