Well pleased

DirtyDeeds

A friend and myself went to JJ's today. It's only the sixth time I've been shooting with my own gun which I bought just after Christmas.

A friend at work said that when shooting, you reach a plateau that seems impassable, and then all of a sudden you just 'take off' again.

So today I shot my first two clear 10/10 scores during a sporting round at JJ's. My overall scores seem to be improving as well.

OK, probably not much to shout about to all you Olympic sharpshooters out there, but I feel really chuffed. And the beers were on my mate! ;)

well done D.D ;):D your friend is right, shooters reach plateau's or level's when new to the sport, i can as will others tell you this much, the plateau's you reach are obviously testememnt to your attention and determination to excell, dont be dissapointed when you get to a level and you cant seem to clear it, nothing comes free right, you have to earn the next round so to speak, its like serving an aprenticeship at that level, then you move on, each one is a new skill learned, a new piece of information, a more refined aproach, another level of concentration to master, im sure you will enjoy them ,even though the frustration can be off putting, i remember my 1st 25 straight at skeet, one sunday morning after numerous 24's , the first round of the day,i went round with a couple of guys and suddenly found myself staring 8 low in the face for the repeat, i didnt know, it felt so smooth, called shot killed high 5's all round, since that one moment its a feeling you carry with you .

congrats and keep going :lol::lol:

Martin

Cheers, mate. Thanks for the encouragement. I need to improve.

I first got into clay shooting through a guy at work. There are four shifts at work and there are a few shooters on another shift. They have challenged us to an 'inter shift clay shoot', so I need the practice and an encouraging result can only help improve things. ;)

A friend and myself went to JJ's today. It's only the sixth time I've been shooting with my own gun which I bought just after Christmas.

A friend at work said that when shooting, you reach a plateau that seems impassable, and then all of a sudden you just 'take off' again.

So today I shot my first two clear 10/10 scores during a sporting round at JJ's. My overall scores seem to be improving as well.

OK, probably not much to shout about to all you Olympic sharpshooters out there, but I feel really chuffed. And the beers were on my mate! :blush:

I know what you mean. I reached a top of 35 out of 50 for weeks, then suddenly Im off again, got 42 ex 50 today, chuffed to bits :blush: