Attracting crows

The Juicer

Which would you reccomend for crows, flapper or magnet? I read magnets dont work with crows.

Is a crow bouncer any use?

Is it ok to mix crow deeks with pigeon deeks? A farm I shoot has both birds and others have just crows flying about.

Your experienced views are welcome.

I would keep the crow decoys slightly away from the pigeon decoy pattern. If after pigeons I will put a couple of Crow decoys away from the pattern up wind about 10 metres or so from the nearest Pigeon.

I use floater and flapper on em, and as above keep em separate,

Tab

Flynny

I have often read the "keep them separate" advice. But the other day went shooting with a chap in his early 70's who grew up on farms and has been shooting almost 60 years. By experience he sort of mixes them. His pigeon decoy pattern was two groups of pigeon decoys about 15 mtrs apart, the gap being the killing zone. On the outer edges of the pigeon decoys he added about 4 crow decoys to each group. We had an enjoyable few hours with 20 pigeons and 10 crows. Mixing seemed to work on that day.

Hi Bobba, I'm sure mixing if the birds want to feed will work as you have proven. I think it is always worth carrying a pair of binoculars in your car. Have a drive around and look at the crows and pigeons in the fields from a distance and see how they group to feed. I try to copy this.

• 3 weeks later...

Checked two different stubbles yesterday and crows and pigeons were happily feeding together,all mixed in with each other. Put both pigeon and crow decoys out but only the crows played ball. 69 for an afternoon. The pigeons have got a real hammering around here and just went to another stubble. I found them on way home.