opinion please

brook

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only safe gun is an unloaded one that has been proved thus. break action guns can go off on closing and can easy be closed in a fall / trip, safe catches normally only lock the triggers. safe gun handling can be particular to the gun in question but none can be deemed safer. we see people raising their barrels to the action on game shoot rather than action to barrels muzzle pointed down regular away, likewise some just don't know how to handle an auto correctly.

For further clarification of my remarks look at the 1" circular holes in nearby objects on most clay grounds and think on next time you see someone close their gun. Safe gun handling is no accident and its six of one half a dozen of the other when you get down to action type it its the man and his training that matters, indeed on driven shooting or in a hide there is very little to fault an auto on (used correctly) isn't that the same with everything?.

Just one on the safety aspects I would feel much safer with a semi auto due to the fact less is going on when you do see something and want to fire. Less movement messing about snapping the barrel back together it's just in your should safety off and fire then safety on and point back in a safe direction or reload

Just one on the safety aspects I would feel much safer with a semi auto due to the fact less is going on when you do see something and want to fire. Less movement messing about snapping the barrel back together it's just in your should safety off and fire then safety on and point back in a safe direction or reload

Very few people leave their gun open whilst in the hide anyway brook, so I wouldn't worry about that. Keeping the gun closed is usual practice for most

Tell you what as army or ex army if you near me give me a shout I'll give you a heads up on a variety of gun OU Sbs and autos so you can make an informed decision, at the end of the day most 'civvies' don't load a semi the same way as the Army's right way!

If you miss with the first two chances are the third will meet a similar fate as the birds will be faster and further away. I mostly use the 3rd as a back-up in case of wounders or to try for a pair after making them flare with the first and nailing one with the second.

£400 will get you a nice enough side by side non ejector (indeed as will £150 upwards) or a less "branded" and agricultural stack barrel. As regards Auto you will be into a tatty or older model auto ( out of the two I should choose an old but cared for wood stock Berretta) or perhaps one of the lesser respected makes in just used demo

I Totally agree ...... Not . who needs a third shot ! .

I get the opportunity to do this quite often , and there's no reason why you cant too , see for yourself and make your own mind up .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kHo4Rc4GWY&feature=youtu.be

regards stevo