Webley Raider charging problems

porchie

Just joined here guys and also just bought a Webley Raider s/hand from a mate and not having had a pcp before I may just be being thick. The problem I have is that when pumping up having put new seals on the probe I can only get it to around 50lbs on the pump gauge?? I have the rifle cocked back and there only appears to be slight seepage when pumping but any reason why the gauge won't get above 50lbs? Please tell me I am being stupid as at the moment I am going to end up with huge arms trying to get the pressure up.

Thanks in advance.

keep pumping! its probably already got about 50 bar in it so itl go up pretty quickly but after that, it takes a bit of doing! :lol: how bad is the air leakage though?

It just won't seem to go abobe the 50lb mark and I'm sure it shouldn't be that hard work? I was charging from empty so does that make any difference and the leakage is pretty minor as far as I can tell so is there a potential fault or am I just being thick?

sounds like you cant get above 50bar as the pump is not capable of getting past that point? check the leakage is not from your pump vent, and that your inlet valve is not sticking open ie its letting out what you are putting in !!

cheers KW

I know the pump did work ok when my mate used the rifle and its gauged up to 250 bar and excusing my ignorance where am I looking on the pump as only ever used springers and firearms in the past so this is a new experience for me and a rather knackering one to say the least.

If you have a (seepage) from the probe seals then it's fair to say you need new probe seals.

ANY seepage at all is loosing pressure and this is most likely the reason your not getting higher than 50psi as when you reach it the seals fail.

Check the seals on the probe if there is ANY sign of wear cracks cuts replace the seals.

Also the seals COULD be the wrong diameter for the probe they have to be EXACT.

I know on the Career i had to quick flood the tank to get the valve to seal as it was NOT spring loaded OR have the muzzle of the gun pointing at the floor to help the valve FALL closed.

I never had a Prob with MY raider like this but i never let it go empty either!

lg

keep pumping! its probably already got about 50 bar in it so itl go up pretty quickly but after that, it takes a bit of doing! <_< how bad is the air leakage though?

It just won't seem to go abobe the 50lb mark and I'm sure it shouldn't be that hard work? I was charging from empty so does that make any difference and the leakage is pretty minor as far as I can tell so is there a potential fault or am I just being thick?

if trying to pump from empty you will find it hard.try and get the gun filled with divers bottle this might give an idea of any fault on gun or pump.

good luck