Xmas Dinner Sorted

Passionforangling

For the first time in a few years me and Mrs PFA are at home for Xmas. Normally we like sunnier climates but 15 year old Bella, the black lab, isn't up to being kennelled and can't really even be left with relatives so we are having a Midlands Christmas.

Several discussions have taken place as to what we will have for Christmas Day lunch, there being just the two of us ( and some left overs for Bella of course)

Where is this leading to........

Well yesterday I was charged with hunter gathering for Xmas dinner. I had arranged to meet Highbird 70 at a local farm where we had put some pheasants down. We agreed to meet at 10.00am.

I woke earlier and decided to have an hour on the rape fields after pigeons. I set up at 9 under an oak tree on the boundary of two fields and by the time Highbird 70 txt me to say he had arrived I'd got 5 pigeons in the bag.

On our hour walk round the fields we managed 3 hen birds between us and so we were on our way home before midday.

So, Xmas dinner is sorted. We have a lovely recepie for a 3 bird roast of pheasant breast, partridge breast and pigeon breast, all sandwiched between layers of sausage meat, wrapped in a bacon parcel. This year will be a two bird roast, just pheasant and pigeon, but it will be delicious I'm sure!

It's quite gratifying to have spent just a couple of hours out and know that the quarry will be enjoyed on that special day.

I hope all other PW members have an equally good dinner and a great Christmas