Shooting Experiences Abroad

Thunderbird

A friend from here on PW went to Canada a few years ago I know and he enjoyed it.

The USA seems an obvious choice, just in terms of being able to play with toys you can't play with here, and I've no real interest in 'big game' as such so I've ruled out Africa.

I can shoot most quarry in the UK with the exception of red deer locally already.

I am off to Alsace in France for 2 days driven boar, roe and red deer. I went last year for the first time. Saw plenty of boar but didn't get a shot, I did get a roe. It was very very exciting - hearing the dogs in the forest, shots in the distance, the sound of hooves approaching... Roll on Saturday! Also very good value.

Thanks Dunkield, will do.

I'm in two minds whether it's a full-on shooting trip that I want, or whether I just go have a holiday in a place where shooting is reasonably well available and accessible.

To my eternal regret when I was in the USA in 2003 (and on a hiatus from shooting) I didn't take advantage. I so wish I had.

Boogie, what do you call good value for two days shooting in France.

That is one place I haven't shot but have looked at it several times and thought it more expensive than Poland, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, lithuania and Latvia.

I am off to Alsace in France for 2 days driven boar, roe and red deer. I went last year for the first time. Saw plenty of boar but didn't get a shot, I did get a roe. It was very very exciting - hearing the dogs in the forest, shots in the distance, the sound of hooves approaching... Roll on Saturday! Also very good value.

hi! Can You send contact details from this guys, pls? Even in PM. Thx! Just looking for something like this with my shooting buddy.

hi! Can You send contact details from this guys, pls? Even in PM. Thx! Just looking for something like this with my shooting buddy.

I have asked for details of this place at post 7 but no reply so far.

I'd like to know what his idea of good value is as I am always looking for something different, also posted on here rather than PM may be of interest to others.

I would like to go dove shooting in Argentina and walked up pheasant in Dakota, plus a days driven at Warter Priory with a bunch of mates.

Being a gun nut I'd also like to go somewhere in N.American and simply vandalise all manner of targets ( such as vehicles etc ) with a wide choice of firearms we are denied the ownership of here.

I would like to go dove shooting in Argentina and walked up pheasant in Dakota, plus a days driven at Warter Priory with a bunch of mates.

Being a gun nut I'd also like to go somewhere in N.American and simply vandalise all manner of targets ( such as vehicles etc ) with a wide choice of firearms we are denied the ownership of here.

That all sounds great actually. I know someone who's been Dove shooting in Argentina and apparently it has to be seen to be believed.

Sorry for the tardy response EMcC and Londonercsecse, I go with a friend from Belgium who has gone for years - they rent the shooting directly from the farmers in the parish, it's mostly forest with some small fields between the woods, not sure how many acres, I am guessing over 750, they do 4 or 5 drives of up to 2 hours each over 2 days. Beautiful countryside. There are about 20 rifles. I heard that they got 9 boar, 6 roe and 1 red over 2 days this December, similar to my trip last year. It's 250 euro for the hunting plus another 40 euro per day for the lunch and drinks, so 330 euro plus some cheap but good accommodation. Compared to 2 days driven pheasants its v cheap, even after travel.The downside is you might not get a shot, but if you do you will never forget it...

It's cheap probably because it's DIY, I don't know how it compares with other opportunities in France - my French is not very good,

"Sanglier" is about it really.

Unfortunately my friend does not offer this on a commercial basis, I will take my camera and try to take some pictures to share with you, need one of those gopros to do it justice but that's beyond me.