Post a pic of your diy NV project

digit

After seeing Davyo thread on diy NV it got me interested. I order the parts and had a go putting it together with out trying to cut wires, but it ended up one mass of cables. I took the plunge on the second attempt and shorten the wires and it came out a bit neater. I'm very happy with the results.

I'd like to thank Davyo and others for all the help and advise that was given.

post-17281-0-26537400-1422723883_thumb.jpg

post-17281-0-62923400-1422723894_thumb.jpg

post-17281-0-00827800-1422723903_thumb.jpg

Mines still work in progress, i need to make a bracket to mount it in the correct position and fit the power supply just a temp one at the moment.

Really happy with the picture quality though the bird table is just a touch under 100 yards :good:

post-48582-0-16374700-1422727916_thumb.jpg

Edited by fruity

I put a shroud on the screen to mount my eye against it as davyo recommend in his nv build thread , I find I just look as I would with the normal scope.

I may try and move the scope forward and mount the screen in front

I'll see if it works when I get time :)

Hi Fruity,

Great job,likewise digit,Fruity can I ask the viewfinder you are using what mag is it is it the x2.8.as I found that the x3 I was using picked up the pixels on the monitor but focused in on the x hairs nice and sharpe without the aid of my glasses.I have took the x3 lense out and I am trying to find an optician who can make a copy of the lense using my prescription if that makes sense.

Dave

Hi Fruity,

Great job,likewise digit,Fruity can I ask the viewfinder you are using what mag is it is it the x2.8.as I found that the x3 I was using picked up the pixels on the monitor but focused in on the x hairs nice and sharpe without the aid of my glasses.I have took the x3 lense out and I am trying to find an optician who can make a copy of the lense using my prescription if that makes sense.

Dave

Can't you buy a cheap pair of glasses off the bay and take a lens out of them to try?

Hi Fruity,

Dave

Yes it's the 2.8 I'm using to get that picture