Which one was it?

Devon Fox

Hi fellas,

Looking for a new gun, so i can get loads of clays in ready for next season.

I looked at a lovely Winchester, 28" game gun, black action with gold game inlay o/u.

I wanted to do some research on the gun, but i cant for the life of me remember the model, i think it was something ...... shadow :D any ideas what model it could have been :blink:

A pal of mine told me to stay clear as parts etc are apparently a nightmare, he said its a lovely gun untill you have a pin etc let go, then very expensive.

I was fully intending to go for a silver pigeon, but i have fallen for this gun ....... any advice or opinions on this Winchester gun? what was it??

Many thanks,

Mark

Could it have been the Winchester Select Midnight which was reviewed in Sporting Gun last year ? About £750 if I recall...

I agree it looked very nice but a shop I trust said they are not as good as Beretta or Browning, still I suppose you pays your money..do a review & post some piccies if you buy one.

Look on this site:-

www.doublegunshop.com/showler.htm

Winchester made the 101, Nikko, Shadow and the Parker Hale 800 series. Spares are scarce, but firing pins are available in UK. Most gunsmiths could make the spares at a reasonable price. It would have to be cheap to consider. They are very good guns, but out of production for nearly 20 years.

Thanks for the help, i think it was this gun, it was priced at £850 ............ might be a safer bet to go for the silver pigeon, just saw this and just thought it was something different, silver pigeon seems to be the most popular gun in my syndicite!

Thank again chaps :good:

as i reckoned thaat would make it a presentation grade 101 id have one over a beretta anyday. however i would nt have thought the gun was brand new.101 s ended about the early90s .but if its in good nick i would nt hesitate.i am a 101 fan myself.well balanced gun. japanese steel.if its new its probably the midnight.you may see one on guntrader.i personally dont think they are as good as the 101s.have fun

nothing wrong with the winchester,they sold better than browning back then.the balance was great.guess what? they sold that many browning actually bought winchester.berettas and mirokus are ten a penny you will go a long way to find another presentation grade.i saw one last year it was around 800 too.i deeply regret not buying it.next one i see i ll snap it up.it is a great gun.newer guns are built to a budget,i reckon the older guns are better

DONT BUY THE MIDNIGHT SELECT! had some bad experiences with the gun, firing pins needed replacing quite often and the gun isn't very comfortable with a lot of kick for its weight. go for a silver pigeon or if u still want a winchester pick the winchester select sporting, cheaper and described as better in general as it is slightly lighter and there is less kick.

Ok, i didnt buy the winchester, had a look at the new Winchester supreme sporter ..... what a load of cack, the gun smith showed me how the fore-end lock is held in place ....... glue, yes glue, the smith said i bet you havent seen anything like this since doing woodwork at school!!!, it was bloody poor, he told me the new Winchester range is cack quality, and after seeing that, i could not dis-agree!, he said go for the older stuff as its a totally different quality!

Long and short, i have bought a brand new Silver Pigeon s, multi choke, 28" ..... she is a gem and comes in a natty plastic case, cant wait to point it a some birds in the comming season!!!

Thanks for all your advice chaps :P:oops: !