Miroku MK60 high pheasant and steel shot

archi

The press reviews seem good but they always are.

Has anybody actually used them and if so what are your thoughts.

I would need to be able to shoot steel through them and think would need to open chokes out to 1/2 & 1/2 or 1/2 & 3/4 as would only used shot sizes 3 or 4, again had any body put steel through a Miroku with tight Chokes.

Thought as were fixed would be unlikely to cause much damage as would be as week as a m/c barrel

All comments welcome

Guest cookoff013

if steel shot capabilitys are your issue, check the fleur-de-lys for HP cartridges.

it should handle a range of shells. as with the shotsize selection with steel, it is always easyer to go "more open" choke when it comes to steel.

i certainly would recommend 1/4 for steel. but i`d start patterning cyl -sk-1/4 in the first instance....

Hi

I have only 2.3/4 inch ordinary through 3/4 choke maximum fixed choke gun

Gun didn't blow up or score the barrels

Wasn't very effective but better than bismuth

I now use heavi shot

It's not something I do on a regular basis just picked up the wrong box (oops )

Note these were just standard steel loads in 4 shot

As others have said check your proof marks and follow manufacturers recommendations

I use the steel in another gun steel magnum proof with back boared barrels and 1/4 choke and find it a more pleasant to shoot and more effective cartridge combination

Ballistics is a funny thing 😗

Hope this helps

All the best

Of

Spoke to browning rep these and steel proof. They have 3" chambers and are 1350 bar pressure. You'd have to send it to teague and have it multi choked. Send him your chosen hp steel cart and when they reproof they can reproof to that cart. So according to browning it would be absolutely fine with the relevant chokes ie no more than 1/2.

Hope this helps

Have it multichoked?!!

If you want to use HP or 3" steel for long range wildfowling, then get it bored out to half choke in both barrels - this is a £50 job for a gunsmith and does not require reproofing!! Check the cartridges you buy do not produce more than 1350 bar pressure - there are plenty of HP steel loads on the market which don't exceed that level.

If you're only using standard steel cartridges, i.e. Gamebore Supersteel 32g 4s, there is no need to go to the expense of having the gun altered in any way.

I regularly shoot standard steel 32g 4's through my Parker Hale/Winchester which is choked 1/4 & 3/4. This gun is not steel proofed and it does not need to be!!!