Browning B525 safety catch problem

das

Hi looking for a bit of help please. B525 2014 model just under a year old with not a great deal of use.

Put away after use about 3 months ago, cleaned and all OK. My guns are looked at regularly and kept with a light wiping of oil. Today I fitted a shorter butt pad and decided

to try it with the snap caps. Safety catch moves OK but nothing on the trigger. I did notice a couple of weeks ago that the top lever stuck in the open position when closing the gun,

a couple of drops of Tryflow on the spindle (applied externally) cured this pronto. May not be significant.

It just appears as if the safety catch is not connecting with whatever it should in the action.

Any help would be much appreciated or is it a back to the Dealer under warranty job.

Thanks

I think you should return it for examination .It may be that the safe is for some reason not going full forward enough to allow the inertia block engage the sears . Another common problem is the spring and plunger in the trigger housing either gets dry and sticks or that it has some dried up oil that is making it stiff . Try a little light oil in the back of the trigger ,you will see the hole , and work it bit . It should really be stripped down a thoroughly cleaned if this is the problem as the might be some of the plating come adrift and jamming the plunger .

Das, I had a very similar problem!

Bought my B525 last spring and it didn't like it when I moved the selector and would freeze the trigger!

I took it back to WMSG where I bought it and Tom tested it with about 20 cartridges and it worked perfectly. So confused I went away, two weeks later I went back with the same issue. They sent it away FOC and a week later it was back, no work sheet for work carried out but it's perfect now!

Get it sent off they will sort it !

Love my B525 and pleased with Brownings customer service.

ATB

Matt

I think you should return it for examination .It may be that the safe is for some reason not going full forward enough to allow the inertia block engage the sears . Another common problem is the spring and plunger in the trigger housing either gets dry and sticks or that it has some dried up oil that is making it stiff . Try a little light oil in the back of the trigger ,you will see the hole , and work it bit . It should really be stripped down a thoroughly cleaned if this is the problem as the might be some of the plating come adrift and jamming the plunger .

Thanks. Trigger has full sprung movement and your comment suspects me to think that the forward movement of the safety catch is not allowing the inertia block to engage.

Edited by das