Who's been clay shooting this weekend?

oozelumbird

As we all know the wind was a bit strong today, and getting stronger tonight!.

I could not resist shooting so traveled the 50mile round trip to Conniston.

The wind was coming directly into you as you stood on the DTL layout.

Managed a 22 - 21 - 15. As you can see the wind got worse and i got tired.

Just wondered how others got on with this foul weather and shooting?.

As we all know the wind was a bit strong today, and getting stronger tonight!.

I could not resist shooting so traveled the 50mile round trip to Conniston.

The wind was coming directly into you as you stood on the DTL layout.

Managed a 22 - 21 - 15. As you can see the wind got worse and i got tired.

Just wondered how others got on with this foul weather and shooting?.

******, I was stuck inside decorating :D Try painting the front door with a gale coming up the drive, ******* thing :)

Si

I have had to pressure wash the rear patio, one side of the house and clean my car ready for taking mum and mum in law out for lunch tomorrow so no shooting this weekend at all, and next Sunday out for lunch for mum in laws birthday so no shooting then either.....aaaarrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Oozelumbird - hadn't heard about Claytime - what was the reason?

Moorcock CPC, Waddington Fell Road B6478, Waddington , just outside Clitheroe. 250 yards past Moorcock Inn on the right. Decent people who run it - they are in Entwistles Gun Shop at Preston - Sam - from memory.

There is another one - not been myself - just up the same road - 200 yards on opposite side - supposed to be very good - food etc.

My local ground is only open for practice every other weekend, so this weekend is an off weekend for me. I'll be doing a sporting 100 next weekend though.

mind you, saw some guys decoying yesterday and popped over to talk to them on the way back. Ended up coming away with about 15 pigeons! Top blokes!

My local ground is only open for practice every other weekend, so this weekend is an off weekend for me. I'll be doing a sporting 100 next weekend though.

So why not come to the PW bash at LH on the Sat(24th) ? Oh yeah, its too far :D wimp :) hehehe

Si

Careful young SimonP, I might take you up on that and then ruthlessly show you up!

The 24th is going to be a busy weekend for me: The GF is test driving one of the new Golfs in the morning and the same garage sells Lotuses (Elise and Exige). I'm going to try and blag a rag in one whilst she's being sensible. However, I've also got to fit in a sporting 100 before driving off to MK and seeing some friends.

Busy weekends, busy, busy, busy.

How did the DIY go by the way?

Thanks for the heads up on a few shoots in my aera.

The story of Claytime is that John the owner just could'nt make it pay so closed, he has said that he is leasing the shop to someone and it is to re-open. His wife will still be working there though.

Its a real pitty as it was great family shop.

(The above is all from a good source but iam yet to ring John to confirm)

I normally shoot at Waltham Abbey. It was open this Sunday (opens fortnightly).

I normally shoot a sporting round of 64 clays and a 25 clay flurry but I don't think I shot there this weekend! However, I have around 89 cartridges that have mysteriously gone missing! I don't think they went anywhere near the clays!

So if anyone knows the whereabouts of my lost cartridges.....!

Actually, after this weekend I've decided to take up an easier sport like blow football or tiddleywinks!