Taurus LBR

ajb403

Took this down the range last night, no knackered wrists so far! ;-)

Started off by putting a dozen rounds onto a target from 15 yards shooting with both hands. Then half a dozen shot with one hand. The recoil with one hand is more noticeable as I didn't feel able to wrap my thumb around the grip quite as tightly as when held with two hands, if that makes any sense? Any tips on different ways of holding it? I also found that the wrist rest needs bending down ever so slightly as it's currently a smidge too high for me. Afterwards I went to the 50m range in the adjacent tunnel where we have a load of steel knock down targets and put another dozen rounds down range.

Very good fun!

Don't over grip it. It won't go flying off.

I preference a semi Weaver hold.

Shooting right hand, left elbow down, not straight. Right elbow kicked out right a little.

Head tilted right a little.

Just to add pull back with your supporting hand so you feel as if you're pushing that locked gun arm back into its shoulder socket. This way you have formed a solid triangle, then use your feet and hips to pick up your target. Don't forget to leeeaaan into your target, weight on your front foot.

Edited by Scully

Just to add pull back with your supporting hand so you feel as if you're pushing that locked gun arm back into its shoulder socket. This way you have formed a solid triangle, then use your feet and hips to pick up your target. Don't forget to leeeaaan into your target, weight on your front foot.

Yes, spot on :-)

Just put deposit on a .44 Taurus yesterday because of this thread, I will have to wait for a variation before I can take it home, I can't wait to try my hand cannon out!

Sorry, my fault! I'm pretty sure you won't regret it though ;-)