Best Coat - if it exists ?

BellySlater

Interested in your views on the best coat, appreciate this is a bit subjective and that patterns are dependant on location and surroundings but I'm still searching for the perfect coat. Still use my Barbour waxed if i can but you can see from the below i'm on a mission !

Interested to know your thoughts / opinions

https://huntandfishreview.wordpress.com

I have quite a few jackets. An old Barbour which looks and smells great (am currently buying another) but is now very worn and a bit tight with a thick jumper underneath. A couple of Musto, neither of which are gore-tex but take some beating. A fine weather lightweight Deehunter and one my nephew has just brought back from NZ, but if by 'best' you mean waterproof and warm then it has to be a Laksen gore-tex I have. It has never let me down in any of the ****tiest weather a UK winter can throw at us, and it can only be worn in the coldest weather and even then with just a thin layer underneath as it is toasty warm.

If this is what you mean by 'best' then I believe you have to look to the Nordic/Scandinavian countries.

I have quite a few jackets. An old Barbour which looks and smells great (am currently buying another) but is now very worn and a bit tight with a thick jumper underneath. A couple of Musto, neither of which are gore-tex but take some beating. A fine weather lightweight Deehunter and one my nephew has just brought back from NZ, but if by 'best' you mean waterproof and warm then it has to be a Laksen gore-tex I have. It has never let me down in any of the ****tiest weather a UK winter can throw at us, and it can only be worn in the coldest weather and even then with just a thin layer underneath as it is toasty warm.

If this is what you mean by 'best' then I believe you have to look to the Nordic/Scandinavian countries.

good call, that's where i'm "concentrating the search". I have a Harkila pro and that takes some beating- just not a marsh coat

Did you wright that list,I have seen it posted on this forum before. You will get different answers from everyone. Walking 2 min down a nice track to sit by some flood may be wildfowling to one and the other may walk miles into the distance through mud and gutters walk through long grass and vegetation, for that one off flight. I sweat like a trooper walking out and when sat,i get cold fingers and toes.