FAC application

james1955

As you probably allready know, there is far more involved in aquireing an FAC than hanging about with an existing FAC holder. Numerious checks and a lot of work on my part just to prove i can be trusted with a firearm.

I do yes and all of those things you mention are relevant. I don't think spending half an hour with an existing licence holder is.

I appreciate it's something you're being told you have to do, but it shouldn't be like that. the numerous checks and permission you have should be adequate.

Edited by Muddy Funker

I do yes and all of those things you mention are relevant. I don't think spending half an hour with an existing licence holder is.

I appreciate it's something you're being told you have to do, but it shouldn't be like that. the numerous checks and permission you have should be adequate.

Thanks for your respone, I whole heartedly agree with you. But to gain my FAC i must jump through this particular hoop.

If you fancy driving down to the north east you are quite welcome to come out with me and you could make a weekend of it.. :good:

Mike thank you for your very kind offer, much appreciated. Today i got word from a local shooter who is prepaired to go out with me on one of my permissions, so hopefully all will be well once I fulfill all the FEO's requirements. Thanks again for the offer ..you restored my faith in people .