bunny bashin'

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a lot of ground that i do pest control on, and i still only use a .22rf for bunnies because i'm controlling the problem but at the same time i'm making good money and not wasting the meat. rabbits if clean shot are selling for £1.50 each.

:lol::angry::angry:

Each to their own, but i agree with both sides :angry:

over kill to me because i sell all the rabbits i shoot to restaurants and butchers, needs to be a clean kill i agree but shooting at 200yards and leaving a pill of crappy meat is pointless to me, it's such a waste of good meat.

its not a waste mate it feeds the local foxes :oops:

so i can shoot them later :stupid::blush:

i supose in your eyes i'll have to eat them aswell??? or is that not a waste of meat if i dont?:good:

over kill to me because i sell all the rabbits i shoot to restaurants and butchers, needs to be a clean kill i agree but shooting at 200yards and leaving a pill of crappy meat is pointless to me, it's such a waste of good meat.

i supose in your eyes i'll have to eat them aswell??? or is that not a waste of meat if i dont?:good:

you can eat fox meat yourself or skin the fox and mount the skin and use the meat for dogs, this is what i do with the ones i shoot, the skins i sell for £20 but depends how good the skin is, the carcus is boiled in a big birco boiler and fed to my dogs.

but each to there own with the foxes i guess

you can eat fox meat yourself or skin the fox and mount the skin and use the meat for dogs, this is what i do with the ones i shoot, the skins i sell for £20 but depends how good the skin is, the carcus is boiled in a big birco boiler and fed to my dogs.

£1.50.per rabbit and £20 a fox ?? I want to move to cornwall

£1.50.per rabbit and £20 a fox ?? I want to move to cornwall

rabbits have to be clean head shots to get £1.50 or there a pound if heart shot. fox skins need to be in good nick to sell for £20, i have an old chap who will buy up to 10 a month if i can supply em. he makes floor rug throws with em, and make a mount for the wall, he's also make a fox shape dummy and mounts the skin on that and sells em. it not where you are but who you know, my dad was selling rabbits for years, he use to be a manager of a rabbit killing factory in cornwall, but after it went bust his contacts did'nt. so it's good that he knows em so well, he helps sell em with me, makes a nice little earner. at the moment i'm sellin about 300 rabbits a week. once the middle of may comes til the end of july that will increase to about 700 or so, as long as i can keep up the supply. it's a full time job for me but i have enough land to keep up with demand. i've just accuired a new farm about 800 acres and the farmer showed me 45 acres of corn which was lost to rabbits, i went out there this morning for an hour and shot 54 in 1 corn field. going out again tomorrow night with the truck and rifle. i normally shoot about 150 ish in night which is usually about 3 hours.

here's a pic of 54 bunnies i shot in an hour at 7.30 yesterday

PICT0007.jpg

• 2 weeks later...