Shot dripper hole size for 6-7 shot?

Hi

Making a home made shot dropper and need to ask if any one could help me with what size hole I need to drill in to the 10mm bolts I'm using for the droppers.

I'm after any where between shot size 6 - 7.5

Reloading for pigeon shooting.

Thanks.

0.8mm will make no6 shot and 0.5mm will make 7.5 shot, thereabouts. M8x12mm bolts are better because there is less drilling required. I use a 3.2mm drill going down the length of the bolt. 0.8mm is much easier to drill than 0.5 and annealing the bolts appears to help too.

Edited by sitsinhedges

0.8mm will make no6 shot and 0.5mm will make 7.5 shot, thereabouts. M8x12mm bolts are better because there is less drilling required. I use a 3.2mm drill going down the length of the bolt. 0.8mm is much easier to drill than 0.5 and annealing the bolts appears to help too.

Thanks for that. I'll give them both ago.

Thank you

Without causing an argument...... I used mig welding tips, allot cheaper than stainless bolts and the drill bits required to drill them, come in all the sizes you need. Get the shouldered type so they can butt up against the wall and seal. I made my set up with 0.8mm on one side and 1mm on the other so it can be tilted in the opposite direction to make a different shot size, saves ever having to change the drippers,

I personally didn't but I have read you may find that they are long enough to have issues staying hot, I would think cutting them a little shorter should sort that... Still Easyier than drilling that stainless bolt ;)

Without causing an argument...... I used mig welding tips, allot cheaper than stainless bolts and the drill bits required to drill them, come in all the sizes you need. Get the shouldered type so they can butt up against the wall and seal. I made my set up with 0.8mm on one side and 1mm on the other so it can be tilted in the opposite direction to make a different shot size, saves ever having to change the drippers,

I personally didn't but I have read you may find that they are long enough to have issues staying hot, I would think cutting them a little shorter should sort that... Still Easyier than drilling that stainless bolt ;)

Thanks for that.

I'll give that ago.

Good idea :good:

How high are you letting the drip fall on to the plate and how many times do you let it bounce.

What high from the edge to the cooling liquid do you use.

Edited by oz gun

When you are fed up breaking drills on the stainless bolts I will make you some £35 per set of 6 +

Post complete with sealing washer and stainless nuts

Deershooter

To be honest I've given up on using stainless and instead use standard mild steel bolts. Much easier and I just clean and oil them when finished. If they do corrode etc I can just knock up a new set.