Cabinet fixing into clay lump walls

sishyplops

Hi all, i'm fixing a second cabinet into my house, originally bought just to put my sub 12 air rifles in and put it the garage, but by the time you stick a fair few hundred quids worth of PCP's i don't really want them in the garage, so much to my wife's joy i decided to put it in the spare room/office.

I cannot remember what I put the first cabinet in with , the house is 250 yrs old and made of clay lump, i cannot remove the first cab to look as its well and truly wedged into the wardrobe and it aint comin out and will have to be sold with the house if we ever move :lol: .

What would be the best fixing to put in in with, i'm thinking expanding bolt type things

Its a Brattonsound SL7 and I want to use it for shotguns as well so i can have even more :yahoo:

One for the builders out there i think

Thanks in advance

Rich

Resin fixings? Would expanding bolts not crack chalk lump? I have just used resin to fix my cabinet into our new house, into a block wall of undetermined quality and thickness! Much easier than bolts or plugs or whatever and because the hole is slightly over size it gives you a bit.of wiggle room to line the studs up with holes after the drill bit has hit a hard bit and gone off on the wonk

Damn, beaten to it, same principle, except I got a big cartridge of it.from screwfix for about £7

Edited by kennett

I only say don't remove the dust because I made a mistake of leaving it in one hole out of six when I fixed my cabinet to the wall. All the other bolts tightened perfectly but the one with the dust left in just spun out because the resin hadn't adhered the brick. I had to remove the cabinet and redo the one bolt.

Thanks for all advise chaps, i used Screw Fix No Nonsense fast acting Resin Anchor system, fast acting is an understatement, i put it in all four holes and when i tried to put the studding in the first hole it had already set, so had the second!! managed to get the bottom two in in time, but had to drill new holes in the cab and wall as I could not drill the dried stuff out, just finished it

does the job perfectly

many Thanks to you all

Rich