land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rite well its been a while since anything has been done, im just constantly struggling to get my mate round to do what needs doing, so today despite the hangover from hell i decided to do a little bit of something, i also decided to use my new in house workshop/spare bedroom :lol:

so i built be front doors up, body cappings,new seals and door tops bolted on, new handles and locks should be here tomorrow or tuesday, i always find its a week from ordering till it gets here when i order from paddocks, its a bit poor really but what you gonna do about it :no:

tomorrow im going to try get window channels in and the glass as also in my paddock order were the class retainers all shiny and new :good::good:

took me a while despite having the parts manual in front of me to work out if the seal went on top of the door then the capping,or capping first then the seal followed by the door top, as it involved rivets i wanted to get it right first time, then as the rivets also came with washers they were a bit proud so when i put the seal on according to the manual it just didnt seem to sit right, as the groove in it was at the top i turned it over so the rivet tops could be hid in there so it sat a bit more flush, think i made the right call as it all went together nice and easy, once id drilled the holes in the new door to be able to rivet the capping on :good::good:

now i must rest :lol:

post-9513-0-73658000-1466353183_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-42593900-1466353190_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-95758200-1466353212_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-44872200-1466353218_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-57164500-1466353243_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-30611900-1466353263_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-94167900-1466353283_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-89242200-1466353291_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-92904800-1466353301_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-54845800-1466353332_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-24870800-1466353338_thumb.jpg

thanks yes it is, its not much but i lost my mojo again these last couple of week but iv got it back again now i think, and with my finishing date only 9 weeks away i need to get a crack on, or it wont be ready for the classic car show/rally i want it in.

http://www.burleyclassicshow.org/

and as for winchester daves birthday cake i must of missed that one :good::good:

just looking for a new exhaust, there is a choice of 3 or 4 bolts to the manifold, does that mean the bolts to bolt new exhaust to manifold, or bolts to fit manifold to engine??

:hmm::hmm:

The exhaust to manifold clamp ...... way to few for a manifold to an engine which will probably have 8

at a guess

thanks simpo, not seen my old locks for a while but yes i think they did have the black plastic cover, not sure about that back bit though,and if that other thing is what sits in the midle of the dash with a few buttons/push pull switches then yes i have one of them kicking about some where, thanks :good::good::good::good::good::good:

Now that is luxury

maybe my new rear door card will incorporate the lock :hmm::hmm: they wont be shipped though till 28th of june though

just looking on paddocks website and saw these,

Aluminium Door Hinges with stainless steel hinge pins - Set of 4 £225 :lol::lol::lol:

before you splash out on new hinges........in the early 80's i was in central africa...and the roads were non existant....and the hinges always used to wear.............

they are designed to wear....the hinge is a hard cast/stamped...and the hinge-pin is a soft steel pin..........we had packets of these pins and when the hinges wore ..we would drift them out and drift a new one in...that is what they are designed for as the pins had ridges in them for this purpose.................i have searched all over the net for them and cant find them ...maybe you can........

Hey Viking - I feel another load being blown at Paddocks - how much was the new front bumper?

Also need to order the 4 rubber bumpers for the bonnet spare wheel, more silly money for not a lot.

i got the bumper off ebay, it was £69 and £10 P&P, they had some at paddocks cheaper but despite me asking for a price for a galvanised bumper, they wernt actually galvanised,

before you splash out on new hinges........in the early 80's i was in central africa...and the roads were non existant....and the hinges always used to wear.............

they are designed to wear....the hinge is a hard cast/stamped...and the hinge-pin is a soft steel pin..........we had packets of these pins and when the hinges wore ..we would drift them out and drift a new one in...that is what they are designed for as the pins had ridges in them for this purpose.................i have searched all over the net for them and cant find them ...maybe you can........

im not after any new hinges DD i was just looking about, mine are fine, but a while ago looking on ebay for parts i did come across some hinge pins, and with god knows how many other parts i saved them to my watched list, i may be wrong but do you mean these??

post-9513-0-08798000-1466448173_thumb.jpg