land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how much were they, and what have you done with your old ones, i was looking at some NOS ones for £70 for the 4, but they looked a strange shade of chrome.

the problem iv just noticed with mine is im 3 or the 4 little metal locking pins missing :whistling::whistling:

I only bought 2 as that's what they came in. I think I only bought 2 I honestly cannot remember now :hmm: I will look next time I am at my mums it will be this week at some point as I need to fix my mums car.

well as i was let down again todayi thought id get on with my roof.

i did think id get the vents in, and leave the top bit of the roof off so when i take it for the head lining putting in and it was on his bench it wouldn't scratch the top bit, not that im saying its going to be scratched,

anyway, got the vents in, then i thought to myself, should the head lining of gone on first then the vents could of held it down, then i realised the foam had to go on first so no, the vents went on first, so away i went with the rivet gun, only to realise when id put them all in that id not left the spare holes for the retainers to rivet on, on the rear ones, so i had to drill some rivets,

post-9513-0-67471600-1477844930_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-32668500-1477844938_thumb.jpg

having drilled the rivets out of the outer skin that were put in for transporting the roof, i then realised that it all had to go back on properly before it went for trimming as the long bolts and spacers would have to go in before the foam and lining, so had to rivet that back on :lol::lol: not put then on yet though as i had to spray them first, doesnt sound much but with all the re-thinking iv had to do took over 2 hours, and the same again to clean my disco thats not been cleaned for a year :oops::oops:

post-9513-0-73284700-1477845254_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-69256200-1477845264_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-33511100-1477845319_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-07284900-1477845328_thumb.jpg

Glad i am not the only forgetful one.

i always do things without thinking about them properly, would probably be all done now if i thought about what i was doing before i did it :lol::lol:

did you put the mastic around the vent joints before you put thye rivets in ?

are the vents oping to the rear of the vehicle ?

i did simon, and i didnt try to open them yet, is there some reason why they may not open, have you spotted something :hmm::hmm: you know what im like, head first :lol::lol: